You are here
Experienced Real Estate Paralegal
About Our Client
McDonald's is one of the world's leading restaurant businesses. NYSE listed and employing in excess of 1.7 million people, McDonald's has over 36,000 restaurants worldwide, serving approximately 69 million customers daily. Recognised by Forbes as one of the Most Valuable and Powerful Brands in the World, McDonald's has an unprecedented reputation as an employer of choice and in 2016 was placed 8th on the Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For list.
McDonald's promises high quality, varied work in a friendly and supportive culture. The legal team embodies the company's innovative, forward-thinking spirit.
McDonald's are looking for an Experienced Real Estate Paralegal to join their growing team.
The role will report into Head of Legal - Real Estate and Franchising and will involve the following (with support/supervision from an experienced solicitor):
- Undertaking franchise transactions internally, including deeds reviews, drafting standard form franchise documents.
- Property management transactions including licences for alterations, assignment, underletting etc.
- Advising surveyors/property team on key provisions in commercial leases, extent of demise etc.
- Assistance to solicitors in Legal team including completing SDLT returns, Land Registry paperwork, deeds reviews and searches and enquiries.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should have some experience of dealing with property management transactions such as licences and should be confident in reviewing deeds, undertaking searches and reporting on registered titles and key provisions in commercial leases.
The successful candidate will have the following critical skills:
- Effective and clear written and verbal communication skills including adaptability to audience.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently but know when to ask for assistance or support.
- Team player with collaborative approach.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus benefits.