You are here
- Client-side Facilities Management based in Oxfordshire, near Reading
- Working for a world-class scientific research institute
About Our Client
The company is a world-class scientific research institute, and part of a wider public sector organisation. They have 4 research sites across the UK, and are now looking for a dedicated Facilities Manager to run their main site in Oxfordshire, hosting over 400 staff, including the Corporate Office functions and tenants, within offices and modern purpose built laboratory facilities.
As the Facilities Manager you will manage the effective and efficient provision of building and engineering services, laboratory support facilities, general soft services and scientific equipment maintenance management services, for the site community.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and develop through continuous improvement, the full range of operational, hard and soft, Facilities Management services, provided through in-house and contracted out services
- Ensure continual, full and effective provision of site building and engineering plant services for critical and essential scientific and IT facilities
- Provide leadership, management and development of the site Facilities Team
- Management of the agreed Site Facilities expenditure and income budgets, including identification and achievement of set efficiency targets
- Management and liaison of site building and facilities investments and developments, including Remedial, Long Term Maintenance and Minor Capital schemes
- Lead liaison with site tenants covering agreed service level provision, service charges and potential changes or developments
- Lead and manage the Facilities input into the Incident Response and Business Continuity plans for the site
- Lead Facilities co-ordination of site space utilisation plans, monitoring, developments and implementation
- Management of agreed local site Facilities Safety, Health and Environmental responsibilities in support of accredited OHSAS18001 and ISO14001 standards
- Delivery of agreed site Environmental targets
The Successful Applicant
You must be a committed, confident and resilient Facilities Manager with proven knowledge and understanding of managing in a successful laboratory based research facility environment, to lead the continuous development of the Facilities services at the site in association with and to support the needs of the science community.
Specific requirements for this roles include:
- compliance requirements, including; Legionella Management, Asbestos Management, Fire Safety Management, Waste Management, F-Gas Regulations, Risk Assessments, PSSR, Contractor Management, Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Certified training or proven knowledge in essential area services, including; H&S (NEBOSH Certificate), Environmental Management (IEMA Foundation Certificate), Security Management, Project Management, Procurement, Service Contract Specifications and Performance Monitoring, PPM system, CDM Regulations, Tenant Management & SLA's.
- Proven understanding of key areas including; OHSAS18001, ISO14001, ISO9001, AutoCAD, Building Management System, SFG20, Building Asset Register, Condition Surveys.
What's on Offer
If you meet all of the above criteria and would like to be considered for the role, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary of up to £45,000 plus some generous benefits including 30 days holiday + bank holidays, as well as a rewarding pension scheme. Please contact Olivia Finn on 02072692400.