You are here
Field Sales Representative
Field Sales Representative opportunity with leading tobacco company
£24,000 basic salary + bonus + excellent training and development
About Our Client
My client is a FTSE top 100 organisation and one of the world's leading companies with a global footprint spanning more than 160 countries around the world. Our UK Sales Market is the UK tobacco market leader manufacturing and distributing a wide ranging portfolio tobacco brands including factory made cigarettes, fine cut tobacco and other tobacco products.
The responsibility of the Sales Representative is to visit approximately 200 predetermined calls on a fortnightly basis and establish any products that are out of stock and to re-sell these products back into the shop. The aim is to ensure item availability for each outlet sits at 99%. Each morning you will pick up your van and stock from the depot and return it back in the evening once you have finished your calls.
The Successful Applicant
Friendly, positive and ready to help, you'll make the relationships with customers even stronger. Through great customer service, you'll aim to meet each individual retailer's needs. That could mean everything from ensuring stock is always available and displayed correctly to providing information on new products. You will work towards making each retailer a brand advocate and delighting them with a service that's second to none.
Skills & experience
- Selling skills / target driven - as a people person you'll be able to sell through great skills and service. You'll have experience from any environment involving face to face customer interaction or perhaps a combination of phone and face to face. FMCG experience would be a great thing to have. You will have a hunger for achieving targets.
- Customer relationships - you'll be great at quickly building rapport to create long lasting relationships. You'll delight your customers and turn them into true brand advocates.
- Spoken communication - put simply, you're a people person. Whether you're talking to a customer or a colleague, explaining a product or sorting out a problem, you'll make sure everything you say is clear, concise and totally jargon-free. We aim to make the complex simple every time.
- Organisation - you have great organisational and planning skills. That means you can organise and prioritise your workload to meet deadlines and know where to look to solve a problem.
- Time management - You'll be used to working under pressure as you will need to visit 20 independent stores a day. Simply put, tight time lines won't worry you.
- Proactive - you will enjoy thinking for yourself and taking ownership to see things through to fruition.
- Procedural/product specialist knowledge - you'll build your knowledge and keep up to date with the latest products, including the latest regulatory requirements which may affect what you do day to day.
- IT - you're familiar with systems and a range of software to support the work you need to do. You'll be comfortable using technology - making sure it's secure when you're out and about. Attention to detail as data collection is required.
- Analytical skills - you're able to do basic calculations and work from simple data.
- Manual handling of stock and cash - ideally you'll come to us from a van sales background, and you'll have experience of selling product and handling cash.
What's on Offer
- Company iPhone
- Company Van
- Full Training (3 weeks in house and field training)
- Continuous training and development
- Competitive salary of £24,035p/a
- Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday + 4 divisional days and bank holidays
During some of the training you will be expected to stay away overnight and thereafter the occasional night away.