You are here
This position is now filled
Finance Analyst/ Modeller
- New team that has been created for a new business venture in Edinburgh
- Applicants will ideally have strong modelling skills and work in a finance role
About Our Client
Strong brand name and market share the group business is a very established business in the UK and further a field. Will this success they have created a new business venture to focus on a growing and important industry.
The Finance Analyst/ Modeller based in Edinburgh city centre will have the following main responsibilities:
- Developing the financial models for the companies within the new business unit. Once developed and tested, these models, with the required training and documentation, are to be transferred to the other team members for their BAU use
- Developing an audit framework to ensure that once the financial models have been transferred to the other team members in Finance, that they are still fit for use and that there is consistency in approach
- Responsible for the SAP systems for Finance. This includes the establishment of new companies within these systems and amendments to make the processes more accurate and efficient
- Point of contact for Finance and the wider teams on SAP and BOFC queries
- Challenging the other teams in to ensure consistency of approach
- Working to identify and implement opportunities for continuous development of processes and information to meet changing customer needs. This includes working with Group to determine which activities can be transferred.
- Managing effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including senior management.
- Delivery of documentation on the team's key processes
The Successful Applicant
- Accountancy qualification (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA) although candidates who are part- qualified will be considered if they have the following:
- Very high level of IT skills (Spreadsheets, database, Visual basic, SAP and BOFC)
- Able to develop financial models for complicated companies which includes inter company flows
- Experience of being able to train colleagues on financial modelling, SAP and BOFC
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, with the ability to understand the key financial implications of a scenario, all the connections between different areas of activity, and their impact on each other
- Able to challenge the way things are done and look at ways to make improvements to the business
- Able to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders including financial and commercial teams
- Strong attention to detail
Ideally the client is looking to interview in Edinburgh for the Finance Analyst/ Modeller position on the 9th of September so please bear in mind when applying.
What's on Offer
New role as part of an exciting new venture in Edinburgh. Salary DOE.