You are here
Finance Business Partner
- Must have previous finance business partnering experience
- Must be a qualified accountant - ACA / CIMA / ACCA / CIPFA
About Our Client
This Leeds based organisation will see you using your accountancy skills and working at the heart of a complex and fast-developing industry contributing to sustainability across the healthcare sector.
This is a client that we have worked with for many years and have seen the careers of those whom we have placed develop and grow whilst maintaining a good work life balance.
The Finance Business Partner is a key role within the Commercial Finance team based in Leeds providing full financial support, advice and insight for a wide range of high value projects and programmes. You will be helping to manage the finance elements of major contracts and services including delivering the following tasks:
- Advise on highly complex financial and corporate issues to finance and non-finance staff with internal and external stakeholders
- Create complex financial models, reports and presentations for the analysis and reporting for the contracts
- Identify, flag and monitor financial risks and opportunities to the relevant stakeholders
- Manages finance led projects - determines, monitors, and reviews all project economics, including costs, staffing requirements, project resources, and project risk, ensuring that there are appropriate and effective governance arrangements.
- Support the financial aspects of the negotiation of complex, high value new procurements and significant changes to existing contracts with suppliers
- Ensure costs with suppliers are adequately controlled and ensuring that payments are correct
The Successful Applicant
As Finance Business Partner you will need to possess the following skills and experience.
- Qualified Accountant - ACA / CIMA / ACCA / CIPFA
- Excellent communication skills and experience of working and communicating complex matters with a range of stakeholders at different levels including delivering technical financial information to non finance staff.
- Strong IT skills including modelling experience with MS Excel
- Experience and proven track record of financially managing com.plex and high value budgets within a project environment.
- Ability to analyse variances of actual contract spend to budget, assess options and provide recommendations for resolution
- Experience of reading and identifying inconsistencies in legal contracts.
- Experience of working on large scale contracts, including:
- Procurement evaluation
- Financial Modelling and forecasting;
- Project Accounting;
- Open Book accounting and Contract Cost accounting.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues; share knowledge, best practice and lessons learned.
- Experience of managing a small team.
What's on Offer
There are a number of roles at a number of different salary levels ranging from £35,000 - £45,000 depending upon experience. There is a good work life balance culture with generous holiday and pension schemes and lots of opportunity for career development and personal growth.