You are here
Finance Business Partner
- Pivotal, commercially-focussed role
- Legal Industry
About Our Client
My legal industry client combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. They provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. They work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate.
- Acting as a Finance Business Partner within the Finance function to support a number of different stakeholders including Heads of Business Service Departments, the Business Services Executive Board, The Managing Partner, the Group FD and other internal decision makers.
- Delivering monthly management information and supporting the business in such a way as to ensure that commerciality is balanced with the firm's strategy and reputation.
- Understanding and explaining the key business drivers and trends that will maximise profitability whilst maintaining efficient business support.
- Budgeting and forecasting of Business Service performance in line with the Group timetable, with completion of reports and commentaries
- Interpreting data, both financial and non-financial and understanding the impact of these on the business
- Producing cost analysis and suggesting ways of improving margins and cash flow
- Assist in the production of the cost allocation model used for transfer pricing and the Service Recharges to other group entities
- Provide accurate information and work with the procurement team in managing contract renewals, negotiation and tenders with supplier
- Maintain schedules throughout the year to enable accurate and timely production of P&L notes in the year end statutory accounts
- Feeding into strategic discussions to ensure profitable growth e.g. raising new ideas and making constructive challenges to the business
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA or ACCA) with post qualification experience.
- Experience of Finance Business Partnering, ideally gained in a professional or financial services environment within a large finance function; consistent delivery of high quality monthly management information with commentary which is targeted to user requirements, budgeting and forecasting, including; planning activity, delivering to schedule and discussing key issues with senior business managers, IT literate with good knowledge of current accounting system technology, strong excel skills
- Builds effective relationships, and works collaboratively, with internal customers, with ability to; Develop a good insight into the business, schedule and coordinate finance activity, manage priorities and / or any risks to delivery, support and / or challenge commercial decisions, operate effectively with Business Service Operations
- Strong and confident communication skills, both orally and in writing, with the ability to interact with senior members of the business
- Able to convey financial and accounting concepts in a clear and straight forward manner.
- Flexible and organised; able to handle multiple demands and deadlines simultaneously.
- Experience implementing and operating the financial processes and controls that ensure compliance to both external regulation and internal risk and governance frameworks
- Self-starter, keen to take ownership, solve problems, learn and grow
- And preferably: experience in transfer pricing/cross charging/inter-company accounting, Experience of working with Elite would be an advantage, experience supporting IT or HR would also be preferable
What's on Offer
This role will pay a competitive basic salary