You are here
Finance Business Partner
- One of the leading UK Academy Federations
- Liase with stakeholders to help drive decision making
About Our Client
As one of the largest academy federations in London, already managing over 40 academy schools, this organisation is set to expand even further over the next year. Known for its quality and excellence, the organisation's primary and secondary academies retain OFSTED statuses rated either 'Good' or 'Outstanding'.
The Finance Business Partner will be assigned three academy schools, reporting into the Senior Business Partner;
- Support the Finance Officers with the day to day running of their Academies
- Prepare monthly management accounts, including monthly forecast , commentary and cash flow statements for your designated Academies
- Prepare and review all balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare and post month-end journals
- Support & guide the budget holders and senior management in their financial management responsibilities
- Closely monitor budgets so to avoid overspend.
- To ensure that appropriate financial accounting systems, procedures and policies are in place at each of the Academies
- Monitoring expenditure against budget, and providing regular reports to budget holders.
- Ensuring all income is accounted for, all expenditure is authorised, assets are safeguarded and liabilities discharged in a timely manner
- Give guidance and help train the Finance Officers on the accounting system
- Prepare annual budgets and forecasts for each Academy
- Ensure that EFA (Education Funding Agency) reporting deadlines are met throughout the year.
- Ensuring financial procedures are adhered to and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Prepare the year-end statutory accounts for all Academies
The Successful Applicant
The business partner must be fully qualified with a recognised professional body alongside;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and gravitas to liaise with senior staff in the Academies.
- Good team player and skilled at building relationships
- Has excellent all-round accounting skills
- Accustomed to working to tight reporting deadlines
- Be able to manage staff and motivate staff to achieve their goals
- Have high level of excel and good exposure to different Accounting Systems
- Be able to work flexibly in rapidly changing business
What's on Offer
Good work-life balance