You are here
Finance Business Partner
- Must have previous finance business partnering experience
- Must be a qualified accountant - ACA / CIMA / ACCA / CIPFA
About Our Client
This Leeds based organisation will see you using your accountancy skills and working at the heart of a complex and fast-developing industry contributing to sustainability across the healthcare sector.
This is a client that we have worked with for many years and have seen the careers of those whom we have placed develop and grow whilst maintaining a good work life balance.
The Finance Business Partner is a key role within the Commercial Finance team based in Leeds providing full financial support, advice and insight for a wide range of high value projects and programmes. You will be helping to manage the finance elements of major contracts and services including delivering the following tasks:
- Providing assurance on financial compliance, in year insight, intelligence and advice throughout the entire Programme lifecycle.
- Discuss and provide advice on highly complex financial and corporate issues to finance and non-finance staff across the organisation and external stakeholders
- Design, develop and create complex financial models, reports and presentations for the analysis and reporting of financial information for the contract
- Identify, flag and monitor financial risks and opportunities to the Senior Finance Business Partner
- Pro-actively manages finance led projects - determines, monitors, and reviews all project economics, including costs, staffing requirements, project resources, and project risk, ensuring that there are appropriate and effective governance arrangements.
- Acting on behalf of commissioning organisations, support the financial aspects of the negotiation of highly complex, high value new procurements and significant changes to existing contracts with suppliers
- Provides appropriate reporting through creation of accurate project management data.
- Monitoring the Programme spend against budget verifying the financial accuracy of change control notes to the contract
- Ensure that costs with suppliers are adequately controlled and ensuring that payments to the suppliers are calculated correctly
- Liaise with senior management and directors within the organisation where Senior Finance Business Partner is not available.
The Successful Applicant
As Finance Business Partner you will need to possess the following skills and experience.
- Qualified Accountant - ACA / CIMA / ACCA / CIPFA
- Excellent communication skills and experience of working and communicating complex matters with a range of stakeholders at different levels including delivering technical financial information to non finance staff.
- Strong IT skills including modelling experience with MS Excel
- Ability to analyse variances of actual contract spend to budget, assess options and provide recommendations for resolution
- Work collaboratively with colleagues; share knowledge, best practice and lessons learned.
What's on Offer
c£40,000 depending upon experience. There is a good work life balance culture with generous holiday and pension schemes and lots of opportunity for career development and personal growth.