You are here
Client Authorisation Required
- Based in Grays, Essex
- Commercially Focussed Finance Director Opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a fast paced, international distribution company that has seen significant growth in the UK over the past 5 years. Working closely with their established customer base, they are able to offer the building industry a vast product choice combined with in-depth technical expertise.
Supported by over 30 year's industry experience, offering excellent customer services and long term solutions for the construction sector, this business has a strong reputation based on reliability of service and extensive product range.
- Responsible for managing the finance team within the business, developing and mentoring the team
- Creating, developing and managing robust management accounts that provide good quality information to the management team
- Creating, developing and managing detailed budgets and forecasts, including all supporting schedules
- Working capital and cash management
- Achieve individual key agreed targets derived from the company business plan and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory reporting, tax and regulatory requirements
- Provide detailed written and verbal reporting as required to the board
- Contribute key financial input to the strategic view and development of the business
- Audit preparation / control and management
- Lead a finance team to enable meeting the goals as outlined in the company's Strategic Plan.
- Advise the Board of Directors on financial strategy and its impact on company objectives.
- The preparation and interpretation of financial information.
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance.
- Conducting reviews and evaluations to control costs.
- Leading and managing the budget process.
- Preparation and presentation of the annual budget and re-forecasts.
The Successful Applicant
Candidates must demonstrate a solid track record with proven, verifiable experience of:
- Managing a small finance team within a fast growing, dynamic organisation.
- Highlighting potential issues and identifying solutions.
- Working commercially to advise a business through growth and improvement.
- Implementing new finance and business systems.
The right candidate will also have:
- An enthusiastic, confident and self-motivated personality and the ability to quickly contribute to the culture and way of working.
- At least 5 years experience within a similar role.
- Ability to implement new strategies quickly, efficiently and effectively - identifying pragmatic solutions and quick wins that can be developed and sustained.
- Strong analytical skills.
- A complete focus on results, however, with the ability to lead a range of different strategies that deliver objectives to a variety of timescales.
- A stimulating and engaging leadership style that is able to inspire a diverse range of personalities from a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
What's on Offer