You are here
Finance Manager - Property Management
- Relocation package available for the right candidate
- Property Management experience is essential for this position
About Our Client
Due to the on-going expansion of the organisation there is the need for a Finance Manager to join the business to deliver all contract accounting, management reporting, financial planning and analysis for the Client.
- Report to the Client on a regular basis (in the standard reporting format as updated from time to time) to include:
- Monthly/quarterly income and expenditure reporting
- KPI management and variance analysis
- Debtors reconciliation
- Creditors reconciliation
- VAT reporting and VAT reconciliation, including monthly quarterly reports in accordance with the Client's reporting requirements with HMRC
- Bank schedule and bank reconciliations
- Reporting, if necessary to enable the Client to meet the monthly reporting requirements for HMRC under the CIS scheme
- Independently close the month-end for all properties under management including posting of accruals and prepayments.
- Monthly/quarterly reforecasting of financial performance for the property management business.
- Lead, manage, motivate and be responsible for the performance of any staff employed to assist with the financial management of the business. This includes, but is not limited to, any credit controllers.
- Ensuring the accounting system (Yardi Genesis II) is always kept up to date with accounting data.
- Arrange for the apportionment and re-charge of directly metered utilities supplies to occupiers, subject to the receipt of accurate data and invoices on which to raise the charge.
- Assisting in improving financial systems, procedures and reporting across the team, ensuring financial systems are kept up to date and working effectively.
- Responsible for producing monthly cash flow reporting.
- Where applicable, producing and responsible for monthly development reporting across various projects.
- Responsible for improving and streamlining financial reports.
- Liaising with offshore accountants to ensure that SPV accounts capture all property management issues.
- Assisting in the year-end audit process of individual properties and where agreed, with Client year end accounting.
- Where required, act as the key finance contact for clients and attend client meetings
The Successful Applicant
Please only apply if you have relevant Real Estate experience, ideally currently or historically within a property accounting environment. It would be advantageous if you are a qualified accountant but it is not a prerequisite. Candidates who have a real estate fund accounting, management accounting or property accounting background will also be considered. You need to be a strong communicator and ideally, you will have experience using Yardi as a property management system.
This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic finance department within a rapidly growing business, where change is rapid and deadlines are tight.
- Great initiative and hands-on attitude - able to see issues as they arise and respond/escalate as needed.
- Strong attention to detail, enjoy building and maintaining calendars, timetables and checklists to ensure the finance tasks run smoothly.
- Great technical ability.
- Eager to learn and absorb information from the team, process and contribute own viewpoint/opinion.
- Strong Excel and accounting system skills ( experience of the Yardi management system is desirable)
- Informal, effective communications style at various levels across the organisation.
- Positive, resilient attitude, confident and self-assured - you will be working closely with and business partnering non-finance people so you will need to be able to influence and provide financial advice.
What's on Offer
Salary - £40,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
City Centre location
Bonus, pension, 25 days annual leave
Relocation package available for the right candidate