You are here
Supporting the Chief Executive with all financial matters
Great opportunity with a local established charity
About Our Client
Oxford Homeless Pathways (OxHoP) is the leading homelessness charity in Oxfordshire. Based in Oxford, it has been operating for nearly 30 years, running a range of services for homeless people. With a turnover in excess of £3m per annum, 65 staff and 50 volunteers, OxHoP is a medium sized charity with an excellent reputation.
OxHoP's services split into two main areas: O'Hanlon House and Julian Housing. O'Hanlon House is a 56 bed hostel and day service and is the first point of call for rough sleepers moving through homelessness services, providing initial assessment and referral. O'Hanlon House also acts as the "pathway coordinator" for all homelessness services in Oxfordshire. Julian Housing provides around 150 units of accommodation and support for homeless people who are nearly ready for independent living, in a range of dispersed housing in Oxford and Abingdon. This housing includes projects for ex-offenders, Housing First, complex needs and a post-treatment service for substance misusers. At any one time, Oxford Homeless Pathways supports around 230 homeless people.
OxHoP also manages the Oxford Homeless Medical Fund, which supports the work of the Luther Street Medical Centre.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record with at least 4 years financial knowledge and will demonstrate:
- A track record of preparing monthly financial reports and accounts and communicating/interpreting these for non-financial audiences.
- Strong process improvement skills.
- Systems implementation, and excellent Excel and Access/SQL skills.
- A team player, able to work with staff at all levels and all roles and to provide excellent support and service to colleagues.
- Ability to produce written reports to accompany financial information.
- Line management of staff at all levels and of external providers.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet externally imposed deadlines.
The Successful Applicant
Ideally but not necessarily, you will have an understanding of the charity/not for profit sector and an understanding of accounting and reporting in the third sector.
We are seeking an individual with drive and ambition to succeed in this role. If you feel you would be suitable for this position, we very much look forward to hearing from you.
The following attributes would be desirable:
- Housing benefit experience.
- Good all-round working knowledge of financial systems.
- Comfortable working across discipline.
What's on Offer