You are here
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Accountant based in Stafford
- Excellent benefits including & free on site gymnasium
About Our Client
Large plc with multiple sites throughout the UK in the retail and logistics sector
- Reporting to the Commercial Manager with functional reporting to the General Manager, this role will be responsible for the day to day running of the finance department
- Manage all site financial activities in a manner that adds value to the client and the business to achieve key operational performance objectives.
- To ensure financial control requirements are met providing a reliable service to the operation whilst meeting budgetary requirements.
- To ensure a high quality and efficient service is provided both internally and externally to achieve site targets.
- Develop and maintain a motivated team by providing direction, two-way feedback / communication and effectively monitoring performance to ensure high levels of service are achieved.
- To communicate key performance targets in all areas conveying facts and ideas clearly, accurately, effectively and persuasively both orally and in writing.
- Communicate contractual requirements and the benefits of change, demonstrating a clear understanding of the commercial and operating environment of the business and client
- Build a rapport, develop trust with the customer and colleagues
- To ensure all financial procedures are dealt with timely and efficiently in line with procedures.
- Ensure confidentiality protecting the client and the business
- Ensure audits are conducted in line with policy and procedure and financial regulations.
- Ensures relevant financial policies are applied, financial records are accurate, budgets and forecasts accurately completed
- Understands and embraces the culture of the site and actively participates in developing an open / honest environment.
- Support the site management team providing regular information relating to performance, budgets and ensuring site recruitment plans are in line with budgetary requirements
- budgets and forecasting
The Successful Applicant
You will be a qualified accountant ACCA/ACMA/ACA, available to start before 1st October 2016. Who enjoys a fast paced retail environment.
What's on Offer
Excellent benefits including generous holidays, pension scheme, healthcare, life assurance & free on site gymnasium.