You are here
- Big 4 ACA sought for division of global business
- Ideal for first or second time mover from practice
About Our Client
My client, headquartered in Bristol, are the UK division of a global business with a presence in over 40 countries. Both within the UK and beyond they have built a reputation for delivering innovative, market-leading solutions for our ever growing customer base and, as a result, have doubled in size in the last 5 years. Innovation and amazing team-work has been the cornerstone of their success and they are now looking to expand the team further as they take the next steps in growing market share.
This individual will have extremely broad responsibilities across the entire finance function. They are intended to bring a strong degree of technical accounting knowledge to the large finance team, helping to develop more junior staff in transactional teams from an accounting standards perspective. However they will also be called upon to offer key commercial support for the FC and FD, assisting them with vital projects. They will assist with the smooth running and development of transactional finance teams, motivating, developing and supporting both Team Leaders in order to ensure teams are run effectively and all processes are controlled, managed and improvements implemented.
- To fully understand the accounting treatments, providing accounting assistance to both teams in the processing of contracts
- Identify, design, test and implement planned IT developments
- Work closely with other departments throughout the business to embrace and improve the 'Customer Excellence' journey, raising knowledge and awareness levels across the business
- Review existing work practices to ensure a consistent, coherent, efficient and accurate approach to tasks and queries
- Ensure FCA compliance in the processing of regulated agreements and assist in continuous improvement
- Management and performance of projects as required by the Director of Finance and Risk to improve the efficiency and security of financial processes
- Provision of timely and accurate Management Information
- Other ad hoc queries, task or project which may have a financial impact
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate should:
- Be a Qualified Accountant (Ideally ACA)
- Have worked for a leading accountancy practice
- Be technically excellent with a broad knowledge of a variety of accounting standards
- Be commercially minded
- be able to work on ad-hoc projects, prioritising time effectively
- be a strong communicator, able to influence and lead teams
What's on Offer
This role will pay a competitive basic salary.