You are here
- A manufacturing business are looking for a Site Finance Manager.
- Business partnering with stakeholders as well as line management responsibility.
About Our Client
A US owned manufacturing business in Derbyshire who are focused on working collaboratively in order to drive the business forward. A relaxed culture where new ideas are welcomed and this role will allow for an autonomous approach to embedding new processes and driving a finance focus throughout the operational teams. Easily commutable from South Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, North Leciestershire and West Birmingham areas.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant with manufacturing experience who is ready for a new challenge and a real chance to make a difference. You will be the key finance lead on site and therefore will need to be able to get involved in all areas of the business. There is line management responsibility for 2 reports so you will play an active part in developing others.
This role will not have a typical day and the first few months will be focused around building key relationships with key stakeholders in the finance team and more importantly with the operational teams. In order to drive the finance strategy forward these relationships will definitely be key and will enable you to successfully influence and challenge. The business is focused around continuous improvement and therefore it is vital to relay information to operational teams in a way that they can understand in order to be able to implement process improvement successfully.
Although there is not typical day the key areas of responsibility are outlined below.
- Relationship building with operational teams from the engineers to the directors.
- Looking at information as well as improving reporting and being able to use the data in order to drive key business decisions.
- Management of 2 management accountants - who are self sufficient but will require guidance and influence.
- An understanding of standard costing and recoveries would be beneficial.
- End to end delivery of a forecast.
- Focus on reducing costs.
The Successful Applicant
The right candidate will need to be a great communicator and be able to drive and influence key decisions. Building relationships is the key to being successful in this role therefore being able to embed themselves and get the buy in from key stakeholders is going to play a crucial part. The successful applicant will have a professional curiosity, come from a manufacturing background and will be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) who possesses a strong excel skill set.
What's on Offer
The salary will depend on candidate experience and therefore will range between £40,000 and £48,000.