You are here
- Finance Manager
- Based in East Sussex
About Our Client
Charity based in East Sussex.
1. To formulate financial strategy in collaboration with the CEO, Senior Management Team and Board.
2. To monitor the Union's budgetary performance and advise the Chief Executive of key findings.
3. To ensure monthly management accounts and cash flow forecasts are prepared.
4. To ensure annual accounts are produced which meet the needs of the appointed auditors.
5. To ensure that all systems for effective financial control are implemented and maintained.
6. To develop new systems of financial control as necessary.
7. To maintain effective computerised financial records.
8. To ensure compliance with all statutory records including SORP 2015, FRS 102, SSB, VAT, PAYE and NI.
9. To prepare annual budgets as part of the funding submission to the University.
10. To analyse data and identify key interventions to assist the senior management team.
11. To provide training to new trustees in understanding monthly finance reports.
12. To ensure all budget holding staff are trained into financial procedures.
13. To attend and present to the Board of Trustees and Finance, Audit and Risk committee meetings.
14. To attend meetings as required by the Chief Executive and Board of Trustees.
15. To ensure the effective control of pay roll is maintained at all times.
16. To set Key Performance Indicators for the Finance Team and assess performance against these.
17. To select and appoint student staff resources within the Finance Department.
18. To ensure effective cash management and maximise interest earnings.
19. To oversee and advise on pension schemes and provide advice to the CEO and Board.
20. To maintain effective procurement and contracting procedures
21. To conduct appraisals with all direct reports.
22. To participate in the recruitment, supervision and training of Finance staff.
23. To attend social and cultural events where required.
24. To attend conferences and training where required.
25. To undertake training as required as part of continuing professional development.
26. To be courteous at all times and in all dealings.
The Successful Applicant
At least 5 years' experience in a management level accounting / finance role.
- Demonstrable experience of working with, developing and explaining management accounting information to non-finance staff.
- Practical experience of management accounting information including variance analysis and trend monitoring.
- Good experience in year-end accounting procedures
Practical experience of the development of budgets and longer term forecasts at organisation level.
- Practical experience of the compilation of the annual accounting statements for a small / medium business or charity.
- A high level of attention to detail and commitment to task.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong IT skills based around a computerised financial accounting system and the use of spread-sheets and databases.
- Good staff management skills
- Financial Management experience in the third sector
What's on Offer
£180 - £220 per day