You are here
- Successful Property Development Business in York
- Excellent opportunity for proactive Finance professional
About Our Client
S Harrison are one of the region's leading property development companies. Winner of the Yorkshire Post's fastest growing business award in 2015, the company is now looking for an experienced finance professional to join our exceptional, highly committed team.
Their achievements have not gone unnoticed. City of York planning committee praised them for their sensitive handling of listed buildings in York. SCALA (the Society of Chief Architects of Local Authorities) have handed out several awards to them over the last few years for their residential builds such as the impressive 258 bed development for York St John University as well as their £32 million redevelopment of West Offices in York.
The Chairman, Martyn Harrison, comments that their primary focus remains to consolidate and grow the business with like minded organisations and individuals.
The role reports to the Managing Director and will head up the Finance function.
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following skills and experience:
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualified
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Contributing to business performance as part of a senior team
- Excellent IT knowledge, especially EXCEL and database management
- Ability to solve problems from first principles
- Experience of management and statutory account production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of VAT returns, preferably dealing with partial exemption
- Cash flow management
- Experience of payroll processing would be an advantage
- Clean driving licence
In addition to the responsibilities above the successful candidate will be expected to provide detailed ad hoc analysis and rigorous financial assessment of investments made to ensure S Harrison continues to maximise growth - so you will be really involved in adding value to the business.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for a proactive individual who can really manage the Finance function effectively and add value across the wider business.
Ideally you will have experience of working within a small Finance team where you have had responsibility for others. You will be looking for an opportunity where you can utilise this experience to effectively manage and develop the Finance function.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary on offer.