You are here
Financial Accountant - Big 4 trained required
- World Leading, FTSE 250 construction company with fantastic progression
- Looking for a Financial Accountant, Big 4 trained with skills in consolidation
About Our Client
World-leading FTSE 250 construction company that offers development, creation and care of infrastructure assets, from finance and development, through design and project management, to construction and maintenance. With a global revenue of over 7.5 billion, my client has been heavily involved in projects around the world, including in London, Dubai, and the US. Their office is located in London.
The company offers excellent career progression, with both lateral movement into analytical roles and vertical movement into more senior roles. You will be enjoying a broad group education in a FTSE250 plc. The CFO views group finance as an ideal launch pad to build a diversified career, with previous encumbents having rotated into FP&A, treasury, and Business Investment.
You will work as a Group Financial Accountant with your responsibilities being split between technical accounting for external plc reporting (80%) and monthly reporting/consolidation control (20%). You will have strong exposure to senior stakeholders, reporting directly to the Group Head of Reporting and indirectly to the Group Financial Controller. Relationships will also include the reporting and consolidation team, FP&As, the director of finance and the CFO.
Your technical accounting responsibilities will include:
- supporting business units on accounting under IFRS
- technical analysis and quantification of the effect of emerging accounting and financial issues
- Preparing the statutory accounts of the main UK trading company (3bn£)
- transactional accounting for acquisitions and disposals
- analyses for senior financial and no-financial management and other ad hoc analyses
Your monthly reporting responsibilities will include:
- Assist the group consolidation controller in the preparation of the monthly group reporting
- Allocation of corporate overheads across the Group's business segments
- Produce reviews/analysis/elimination of certain monthly Group Income Statement, Statement of financial position, and Cash Flow reported value
The Successful Applicant
As a successful candidate, you will be:
- Recently qualified, Big 4, ACA or ACCA
- Strong grasp of IFRS and UK-GAAP
- exposure to consolidation and group accoutning
- Good communicator, orally and i writing with the ability to identify clear concise messages from complex data and use graphic to highlight key issues
- Team player who builds a rapport with other group departments and supports areas outside his/her direct responsibility during peak workload times.
- A hands-on approach with the ability to get things done, accurately, on time, and first time
What's on Offer
Great chance to work in London with a world-leading, FTSE 250 construction company that offers impressive career progression and a launchpad to diversify your expertise in analysis and business investment.
You will be acting as a Group Financial Accountant, with good exposure to senior stakeholders and the opportunity to business partner with both finance and non-finance sectors.
Your main responsibilities will be split into 80% Technical accounting, and 20% monthly reporting.
You will be working in London, and my client is offering a salary of 50K + 5K car + bonus.