You are here
Financial Accountant - Engineering Sector - Glasgow
£35,000 - £40,000
- Global engineering business
- Seeking technically strong accountants looking for the next step in their career
About Our Client
Global engineering business in Glasgow
- Documenting and improving processes to improve efficiency and add value.
- Drive lean initiatives in all areas of finance with aim of further improvement to robust financial controls and process improvements.
- Maintenance of accounting data and associated records, including all necessary administration, journal entry etc.
- Improving and co-ordinating budget and forecast information.
- Assist with timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts and reports.
- Management and reconciliation of balance sheet, highlighting any potential issues while continually improving processes and controls.
- Compliance scorecard testing. Identification of opportunities to improve compliance score.
- Monthly treasure procedure, including revaluing of all deals and ensuring necessary hedges are in place.
- Assist with preparation of year end statutory accounts.
- Improve company credit card exception reporting.
- Provide financial support to divisional strategic initiatives (growth projects and acquisitions).
The Successful Applicant
- Possess or working towards a professional accountancy qualification with a strong background, including extensive experience of management and financial accounting within a demanding environment. Exposure of manufacturing and distribution is an added advantage.
- Exceptional communication skills are necessary both oral and written; proven ability to work effectively in a matrix environment.
- Analytically minded with good business judgement and problem solving skills.
- Excellent IT skills with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Excel.
- Will also suit someone making their first move from Practice into Industry.
What's on Offer
Salary up to £40,000 plus benefits