You are here
- Exciting new opportunity to join a growing European finance function.
- Qualified with experience in a European finance function.
About Our Client
Global business that have enjoyed significant growth across Europe and as a result are looking to consolidate the finance function in Edinburgh. Incredibly exciting time for the business in Edinburgh particularly, where they have the chance to create a world class finance team.
The main responsibilities of the Financial Accountant based in Edinburgh are listed below:
- Lead the execution of the accounting close for nominated entities, ensuring that financial accounting data is compiled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare monthly journal entries requiring calculations of a moderate to high level of difficulty. Review journal entries prepared by others.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations with a moderate to high level of complexity. Review balance sheet reconciliations prepared by others.
- Prepare quarterly and annual group reporting schedules.
- Analyse operating and non-operating expenses.
- Analyses complex financial data and extracts relevant information; interprets data for purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project a financial probability.
- Provide and interpret financial information for managers to make economic or business decisions.
- Assist with the implementation and design of accounting and financial planning systems.
- Provide internal and external auditors with requested documentation.
- Understand and comply with Sarbanes-Oxley controls. Co-ordinate the documentation and testing of processes and controls and lead the SoX audit for your nominated entities.
- Maintain periodic (monthly or quarterly) UK GAAP adjustments journals for nominated entities. Prepare annual statutory accounts and lead the external audit process for your nominated entities.
- Line management of nominated team members.
- Mentor, train and provide work direction to staff as needed.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the Financial Accountant role, it is essential applicants have the following:
- Chartered/Certified Accountant (CA, ACA or ACCA), or qualified in a large European country (Germany, France, Poland, etc)
- More than three years post qualifying experience
- Good working knowledge of UK GAAP (with IFRS and US GAAP being desirable)
- The client will consider applicants coming straight from practice where ideally they will have exposure to accounts prep.
- Previous experience of managing or mentoring junior members of staff is also highly preferable.
- Applicants with business proficiency in a European language - especially German or French would be highly desirable.
What's on Offer
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join and to add real value to a new team. The successful applicant will have the chance to grow with the new team and be given exposure to vital project and process improvement work from the beginning.
As the client will consider candidates coming straight from practice for the Financial Accountant position, this can offer the perfect opportunity to develop your career.