You are here
This position is now filled
- Not for Profit
- Gwent valleys
About Our Client
My client is a specialist Not for Profit organisation who are very successful in the sector they operate in.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join a growing not for profit organisation in the Gwent Valleys.
Due to continued growth, they are looking to recruit a Financial Accountant to strengthen the team.
The role will be responsible for;
- Supporting the Head of Finance in providing accurate and timely financial information
- Production of the annual financial statements.
- To ensure the integrity and accuracy of the financial systems and procedures.
- To maintain the fixed assets records.
Day to day duties will include;
- To regularly update the Fixed Asset Register and ensure that it reconciles to the asset management system.
- To produce annual accounts for the organisation with associated working papers for the external auditors
- To act as the contact point for the association's external auditors, HMRC , Welsh Government and other stakeholders.
- To understand and update the long term business plan which will determine future cash and loan requirements.
- To introduce and develop an Assets and Liabilities Register which complies with the organisation's Welsh Government requirements.
- To develop the financial systems and controls so that they are robust and comprehensive.
- To oversee the running of the purchase ledger with a view to ensuring safeguards and controls
- To produce annual accounts for the Group with associated working papers for the external auditors
- To provide accurate information to directors, managers and budget holders.
- To be the focal point for providing advice on current accountancy guidelines, namely International Financial reporting Standards ( IFRS )and Statements of Recommended Practice ( SORP )
The Successful Applicant
You will be a fully qualified Accountant holding ACA, ACCA, CIPFA or CIMA qualifications.
- A solid understanding of Financial Reporting and IFRS or SORPS
- An in-depth understanding of VAT
- Ideally experience of medium and long term planning
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work with Senior managers in the Business.
- Good systems skills and a high level of Excel skills
What's on Offer
Salary of cÂ£30,000 - Â£35,000
excellent benefits package