You are here
- Opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join well known business in Bradford
- Competitive salary and benefits package
About Our Client
One of the UK's leading utility companies are looking to add to their Financial Accounting team.
The team is responsible for financial and management reporting, statutory and regulatory accounting and reporting and provision of financial information to support Finance Business Partners. This is achieved through ensuring best accounting practice is adopted, excellent financial control is maintained and effective financial processes are used consistently across the group.
Key roles & responsibilities:
- Preparation of annual and interim statutory reporting
- Technical financial advice and guidance including interpretation and adoption of new accounting standards;
- Liaison with the treasury department on the accounting transactions and treatment;
- Responsible for debt and interest accounting
- Work with all areas of the business to ensure a smooth and accurate financial planning and reporting process; and
- Provide support to other A2R colleagues relating to SAP month end activities, tax analysis and office of national statistics return.
The Successful Applicant
- The role will be focused on the accounting of interest, financial instruments of the Group and complex debt restructuring, therefore previous experience in this area is advantageous.
- You will need to be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with detailed understanding of IFRS and new UK GAAP.
- Experience of working and delivering to tight deadlines with the ability to pay close attention to detail and apply logic problem solving skills.
- Confident in the use of financial ledger systems and good excel skills and knowledge.
- A good communicator with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels and have the ability to work with external advisors on complex accounting issues.
What's on Offer
Salary up to £45,000 + benefits depending on experience