You are here
- Career opportunity: Financial Accountant at World leading university
- Progression and exposure to various types of accounting
About Our Client
The university is a leading international University and the only university in London to be both committed to academic excellence and focused on business and the professions. In addition to this the university has held Russell Group status and has maintained an outstanding performance in relation to research. Amongst leading academics the university have maintained research quality that is world-leading in terms of originality, significance and rigour.
- Year-end group accounts - preparation of notes, tables and supplementary analysis and liaising with Auditors. Being able to confidently deputise/cover for the Finance Manager over the year end period. Providing year end technical accounting assistance and advice to customers.
- Year-end subsidiary accounts - drafting financial statements of all subsidiaries, including the Students Union, for review and presentation to boards and committees.
- Technical analysis and preparation for the University's corporation tax calculation and liaison with relevant external tax advisors
- Technical analysis and preparation of the University's Partial Exemption rate calculations and Capital Goods Scheme payments.
- Updating information held relating to University investments in spin out companies
- Preparation and technical analysis of VAT returns prior to review with Finance Manager and external VAT advisors
- Preparation of Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Forecasts for the various forecasting cycles for various entities
- Prepare and draft the consolidation of accounts
- Quality testing for SAP upgrades and patch testing
- Preparation of all forecasts relating to the Students Union, Development and Alumni Relations Office (DARO) and other entities/areas.
- Collation and preparation of covenant related documentation for submission to funders.
- Preparation and processing of month end journals.
- Preparation of the Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement for the University and Group entities' month end accounts, including the provision of variance analyses and related commentary
- Update, report and provide technical analysis of the monthly cash flow forecast to understand variances and refine forecasting accuracy.
- Account for and monitor the University's investment portfolio, including the provision of technical analyses and benchmarking to monitor performance and aid in forecasting.
- Management and preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations, including initial review and follow up with persons responsible for the various control accounts. Producing a monthly report on the Balance Sheet reconciliations for senior management review.
- Month end closure and analysis of endowments and donations.
The Successful Applicant
What's on Offer
- The salary will be in the range of £36,001- £41,709 per annum. Grade 6 of the salary scales for Senior Administrative , Senior Library and Computer staff (SALC)
- Annual Leave is 27 days, plus 8 statutory and 4 additional days during the Christmas holiday period
- High pension scheme