You are here
A Prestigious College in Manchester is looking for a Financial Accountant
This is a crucial role for an ambitious individual looking to progress
About Our Client
Leading College in Manchester is expanding and looking for an ambitious financial accountant to join the team.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Modelling of subsidiary/business unit balance sheets and cashflows to deliver an overall Group wide acceptable current ratio and financial health grade including the group cashflow.
- To review and comment upon subsidiary/business unit cash positions on a monthly basis, provide comments/advice to maximise future cash balances and prepare forward looking 2 year rolling cash flows.
- Prepare all data and updates for the monthly accounting packs
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analysing, summarising, and interpreting data.
- Prepare management accounts packs for loan covenant reporting to meet monthly, quarterly and yearly compliance to facility agreements, as well as ensuring interest payments are made on time.
- Prepare payment schedules for each payment in respect of interest on loans and ensure payment is made in accordance with terms to ensure there is no covenant breach
- Prepare monthly financial grading reports for review by the Group Finance Director
- Production of weekly liquidity reports
- Produce, as required, any ad-hoc reports required by the Head of Finance and Group Finance Director.
- To liaise with external stakeholders e.g. auditors and banks.
- Production of tax returns for Group and its subsidiary companies
- Collation of all income and costs data to identify tax liability (using the finance systems)
- Ensure all data is uploaded submitted through the IXBRL software and reconciled before submission to HMRC
- Production and submission of quarterly and annual VAT returns
- Advise on VAT treatment for new codes and new activity
- Produce monthly reports from the finance system for checking VAT treatment and correct classification prior to purchase ledger close
- Prepare monthly journals (eg to correct any VAT errors and accrue for any recovery/cost)
- Evaluation of capital goods schemes and prepare associated annual journals
- Liaise with external VAT advisors on complex issues
The Successful Applicant
- A qualified accountant with at least 5 years post qualification relevant experience (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CIPFA)
- Proven practical experience of VAT and Tax computations and returns
- Level 2 English and Maths
- Significant financial reporting experience in a similar size organisation.
- Understanding of Financial Reporting Standards and their application and capable of demonstrating up to date technical financial reporting knowledge.
- Experience of managing a team.
Job Specific Skills:
- Experience of owning and producing statutory financial statements
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft office (word/excel)
- Ability to work to strict deadlines, to use own initiative and also to work as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously by planning, prioritising and scheduling tasks to accommodate ad hoc requests alongside routine daily activities.
- Strong management and communication skills both within finance as well as across internal and external stakeholders
- Good knowledge of accounting practices, statutory regulations and reporting requirements including the ability to provide technical support and advice to management
- Ability to foster a culture of teamwork and able to work with colleagues across the organisation
- Trustworthy with the ability to deal with confidential information
What's on Offer
£36,000-£45,000 with a generous benefits package