You are here
This position is now filled
- Financial Accountant
- Canary Wharf
About Our Client
Global business based in Canary Wharf, excellent market reputation and strong internal progression opportunities.
- Responsible for the monthly financial close for the UK entities and review of all record to report activities outsourced teams. (Cash management, Fixed assets, intercompany, general ledger accounting)
- Maintaining and posting monthly payroll journal and related costs to include pensions, gym, medical and cycle to work schemes and ensuring balances are reconciled monthly. Individual must proactively work with HR and payroll team to address system breaks and identifying process improvements. Key point of contact for complex monthly payroll journals and reporting.
- Overall responsibility for running and maintaining several Inter Company Transfer pricing models using TM1 and booking the relevant monthly and quarterly journals in the various multi-currency ledgers across EMEA. Focus on developing the process and procedures for improved efficiency.
- Managing the liquidations and Corporate cost allocations and making the necessary journals across EMEA and providing variance analysis and commentary to the concerned parties.
- Providing monthly P&L and balance sheet reports from TM1 at legal entity level for APAC and EMEA customers.
- Manage the preparation and completion of key monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations in line with corporate policy and ensuring timely follow up of open items in Blackline account reconciliation module. (Payroll, NIC, Company benefits and stock options etc)
- Providing provision of information for balance sheet reconciliations and third party payment process to internal customers
- Ensure all accounting records and supporting documentation for all financial transactions is maintained in a systematic order and in a safe and secure condition under the custody of the organisation.
- Ensure internal/external compliance to standard operating procedures. Ensure that the effectiveness of SOX compliance within RTR functions also liaising with external auditors and internal stakeholders. (Auditors, country controllers, directors of each legal entities globally)
The Successful Applicant
Seeking an individual who is ambitious to grow and develop and to support the business and Finance teams. This role would suit a strong problem solver who can work quickly to identify solutions. They will be self-motivated with the ability to manage and prioritise their own workload.
Cognos / TM1 experience - recent
Payroll Journal / Payroll Accounting experience required
What's on Offer
Permanent Financial Accountant position based in Canary Wharf
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Excellent prospects for career advancement and internal mobility