You are here
Financial Accounting Manager
- Responsible for all reporting for 5 trading companies
- Technical and Regulatory focus
About Our Client
My client is renowned for its expertise in data management, high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments and stakeholder engagement, and is represented in all major financial markets, generating over USD2 billion in revenue in the last financial year and employing over 12,000 staff worldwide.
The Mortgage Servicing Accounting Manager will be responsible for all reporting including month end and weekly reporting, alongside FCA regulatory reporting for the Mortgage Servicing business.
They will be responsible for corporate cash management and the related authorisation matrix.
They will be responsible for ensuring compliance with corporate playbooks.
Inter-company transactions documented and processed in line with VAT group structure
Development of key processes to drive improvements and efficiencies in reporting.
- Legal entity responsibility of 5 trading UK companies
- Management of team of 1/2 accountants. Support, motivate and develop staff to maximise their performance.
- Year end accounting requirements, including liaison with Mortgage Servicing CFO and external auditors
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the UK's accounting records and financial systems.
- Responsible for Mortgage Servicing reporting of financial performance on a timely basis, including related management reports.
- Timely production / review of regulatory reports.
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends.
- Support Mortgage Servicing Business Control team with ad hoc requests and reporting.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant, with strong analytics, a detail focused approach and broad technical comprehension including an understanding of FRS101 and IFRS
- The ability to motivate and develop accountants
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
Essential Skills, Experience and Competencies
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified; 1-2 years post qualification experience
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage teams to achieve challenging targets and deadlines
- Experienced at working with a variety of business units and presenting to senior management and/or director level
- Proven experience of managing a team of professional and qualified people.
Desirable Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Proven experience of managing a team
- Prior experience within a services-based industry
- High level of Excel ability
- CaseWare / Epicor / HFM knowledge
- Prior experience within a multi-national organisation.
What's on Offer
This role will pay a very competitive basic salary of up to £45,000