You are here
Financial Accounting Manager
Financial Accounting Manager for a rewarding Charity
Located in Leeds City Centre
About Our Client
A rewarding, national charity established over 100 years ago providing a service to nearly 100,000 people on a yearly basis.
The successful Financial Accounting Manager will use their accountancy skills and experience to deliver across the following areas of responsiblity:
- Manage the year end process, covering the timetabling, preparation and production of the financial statements and notes to the annual accounts, and the external audit thereof. First-line contact with external auditors
- Oversee the financial ledgers ensuring transactions are accurate, timely and meaningful
- Ensure consistent treatment of financial transactions across the organisation
- Proactively maintain and update the financial regulations, ensuring that they are at all times in line with statutory and regulatory requirements, consistent, easy to access and to understand for finance and non-finance colleagues, including representatives of the voluntary movement.
- Lead and support (as required) training of non-finance colleagues, regional / branch treasurers and other representatives of the voluntary movement
- Lead the payroll team ensuring a proactive and solution lead approach which delivers a high quality service
- Maintain, review and continually improve the accounting, payroll, purchasing and other associated systems
- Ensure financial transactions are approved in line with delegated authorities
- Responsibility for ensuring all relevant taxes are identified and accurately processed including VAT and Gift Aid. Ensure that the organisation keeps up to date with changes in tax legislation and that processes are adapted as appropriate.
- Maintain the fixed asset register ensuring it is kept up to date and depreciated process on a monthly basis
- Manage cash flow and treasury management monitoring processes.
- Build effective working relationships with key stakeholders including external auditors, banks, HMRC and others as relevant
- Develop good working relationships with internal stakeholders including members of the Senior Management Team, Regional Education Managers, Treasurers and Regional Committees.
- Work with the Head of Finance to ensure finance policies and internal control procedures are effectively communicated, understood and adhered to
- Work with the Financial Support Manager to produce a comprehensive internal finance timetable that is effectively communicated
- Manage and develop a financial accounting team that understand the purpose of the organisation and works to support it
- Support and deputise for the Head of Finance as required.
The Successful Applicant
A successful Financial Accounting Manager should posses the following:
- Qualified CCAB accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA)
- Highly proficient and experienced in financial accounting and reporting including external statutory reporting and audit
- Proven ability for implementing and monitoring financial controls
- Staff management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritise a heavy workload and work both re-actively and pro-actively
- Proven planning skills
- Experience of motivating & developing teams - including performance management and appraisals
- Highly competent with Information Technology
- A high degree of integrity, tact, diplomacy and corporate spirit
- A hands on approach and be a team player
What's on Offer
- Desirable location within Leeds
- £38,000 start salary
- Rewarding charitable organisation