You are here
Financial Accounting Manager
- Exciting Dynamic Company
- Progressive team leadership role
About Our Client
Our Client is a very prominent mid-to-large sized company based in the centre of Cardiff. The business offers an excellent opportunity for development in a fast paced and broad accounting environment.
As the Financial Accounting Manager leading a team of 3 people you will:
- Review of monthly management accounts, ensuring deadlines are met
- Ensure that the budgets and forecasts for the balance sheet and cashflow statement is produced accurately and within prescribed timescales.
- Responsibility for all aspects of financial control, disciplines and compliance with Group deadlines
- Ensure that the financial accounting procedures are effective and efficient.
- Provide high level analysis for senior management as requested.
- Responsibility for balance sheet reconciliation and control
- Review of balance sheet and funds flow report
- Preparation of balance sheet and funds flow budgets and forecasts
- Ongoing assessment of financial accounting systems and ledger processes
- Monthly management accounts and flash reporting to Group Finance within prescribed deadlines
- Representation of Financial Accounts at cost meetings with various departments throughout the business
- Representation of the Finance Department on various panels for projects
- Working capital analysis
- Review of aged debt reports and other financial reports
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Review of VAT returns and other statutory returns and analysis
- Preparation and administration of staff training sessions
- Preparation of ad-hoc reconciliations and forecasts for senior management
The Successful Applicant
As the Financial Accounting Manager you will possess:
- Professional Accountancy qualification ACCA, CIMA, ACA
- Understanding of current standards within the UK Accountancy profession (UK GAAP).
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience in the financial accounting field in a commercial organisation.
- Experience of leading a team and the preparation of financial accounts and statutory accounts.
- Experience in preparation of financial accounts and statutory accounts
- Experience in the preparation of budgets and forecasts for balance sheet and cashflow statements
- VAT and general taxation experience
- Analytical approach - good attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Highly organised.
What's on Offer
£44-£47k Basic Salary