You are here
Financial Controller EMEA
- US Group
- Consumer Goods
About Our Client
Targus is globally recognised as the market leading provider of products for the mobile professional. Targus continues to set the standards of excellence for protection, craftsmanship, and functionality of carrying cases and accessories for the mobile lifestyle. As a truly global enterprise, Targus has 45 offices worldwide and direct distribution in over 145 countries. Regardless of your needs, be they small or large, we at Targus are committed to providing only the best for our customers.
Acting as a key support for the Finance Director EMEA you will be the central point of contact for financial accounting, group reports and controls. The role owns month end close, treasury, accounts payable, expense management, incentive reporting and internal control. The role will lead all statutory compliance and will own the audit process across EMEA and will be the main point of contact for external audit and tax stakeholders. The role manages a team of four direct reports.
In addition you will support financial analysis and help drive value creation working closely with sales and marketing functions to assess customer and product profitability metrics.
- Month end close, consolidating results with leading commentary at country/Functional level.
- Preparation of monthly reporting pack to include actual / budget variance analysis, P&L and Balance Sheet forecast for review with EMEA senior management team and submission/discussion with US Corporate Management.
- Co-coordinating Annual processes including agreeing targets with stakeholders, issuing plan pack with leading commentary/bridge analysis.
- Leading country compliance review, ensuring robust control environment
- Partnering with HR to administer sales compensation and management bonus process from target to actual statement completion.
- Actively manage the cash flow of the business to include supervision of the AP process and submission of weekly cash flow forecasts to the global treasury team
- Interface with external auditors for Annual Audit and Tax requirements
- Primary contact with all regional third party accounting providers
- Responsible for managing all financial compliance and regulatory reporting to include VAT and all country specific tax filings
The Successful Applicant
- A qualified accountant ideally with audit fundamentals and first time passes
- Significant commercial post qualification experience including full P&L and balance sheet ownership and operating with Group Finance responsibility.
- A good blend of technical controllership skills with good attention to detail with a zero error ethic.
- USGAAP understanding and strong controls skill set gained within a business with a US parent.
- International experience either in a regional role or working in non-UK location and familiar working with EMEA nationals
- Experience of Finance Systems transition and be able to demonstrate being an organisation change agent who has reshaped a team and has simplified and improved financial processes using a very strong performance management ethic.
- Best in class for planning and organising and have a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Strong communication skills being able to work across disciplines and levels as well as across cultures.
- Self-awareness with gravitas but be able to roll up your sleeves where necessary.
- That you are stakeholder orientated, have strong team management and leadership skills.
- Be able to provide clear achievements identifiable through actions
- There may be occasional travel.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus benefits