You are here
Financial Controller - Energy
- Progressive investment management firm require a Financial Controller
- Working within their Energy investment team
About Our Client
Our client is a progressive investment management firm based in the City who were founded over 15 years ago with over £5 billion in assets under management.
Even though the firm has grown considerably since its inception there is still a very strong entrepreneurial spirit which is shared by all of its employees.
The Financial Controller Investment Management will have the following responsibilities:
- Be accountable for all aspects of invoice processing, accounting, audit and credit control for the portfolio. Including external statutory and tax reporting, management of external accounting providers and international and FX issues management.
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the work with a focus on minimising or outsourcing non-value-add processes to enable the portfolio to grow dramatically with minimal increase in headcount.
- Support all aspects of M&A within the portfolio, including assessing new companies to be acquired (due diligence) and preparing forecast accounts and supporting vendor due diligence for companies to be divested.
- Establish and manage robust and effective processes to ensure smooth "onboarding" of new companies to the portfolio.
- Manage and coach the team. Including supporting their career development and accountancy training as necessary.
- Provide technical advice to the teams as necessary, and ensure that the use of advisors is well managed and cost effective.
- Review and approve management and audited accounts as necessary, including overseeing all aspects of consolidation.
- Work closely with the Energy Portfolio Managers to ensure budgets are correct and well managed
- Work closely with the Energy Portfolio Managers to improve the quality, timeliness and presentation of all financial reporting, both internal and external. Including reports to external banks (on loans to the companies).
The Successful Applicant
The Financial Controller Investment Management will have had the following exposure:
An experienced accountant with at least 5 years' post qualified practice in a commercial environment
They will be an excellent people manager with strong process design and project management skills and experience of managing outsourced accountancy services.
They will have good commercial acumen and communication skills with which to design and deliver improved financial and management reporting for the whole portfolio and drive efficiencies and improvements in service from the outsourced functions
What's on Offer
Exceptional growth opportunities for the right candidate in an entrepreneurial environment with the security of a larger firm infrastructure.