You are here
Financial Controller - Europe
Financial Controller - Europe
Leading Technology Business - based in Paignton
About Our Client
Spirent is a leading communications technology company focused on delivering innovative systems and services to meet the needs of customers worldwide. We are a global provider of performance analysis and service assurance solutions that enable the development and deployment of next-generation networking technologies such as broadband services, Internet telephony, 4G wireless, security testing, positioning technologies and application performance.
The role is based at the well-established, successful and growing location in Paignton, Devon. If you are looking to relocate to the South West, this is a great opportunity to move to the coast and join a leading Global business.
As the Financial Controller - Europe, you'll report into the EMEA Financial Director and have direct line management responsibility for two Accounting Managers and a Revenue Accountant while also coaching, developing and mentoring reports in multiple locations to achieve quality performance.
You will ensure accurate accounting, internal control and tax compliance across Spirent's EMEA entities, ensuring and developing standard accounting and Internal Control processes across the region. You will also ensure compliance with local GAAP and IFRS. You will work closely with the Group tax team who are based in the USA to ensure compliance with all tax requirements are met across Europe.
- Deliver complete, accurate and timely accounting services required by Spirent entities in EMEA
- Bring best practice processes to ensure efficiency and productivity of internal and external financial reporting
- Identify and address IFRS or local GAAP reporting issues and ensure compliance across Europe
- Design, implement and monitor controls to meet internal Company objectives
- Ensure all Internal and External Audits are at each site are completed effectively and efficiently
- Work with Group VP Tax to ensure compliance with Corporation Tax, Payroll Tax and VAT in multiple locations including Transfer Pricing requirements
- Demonstrate skills in communicating with and managing a remote team using webex, conference calls and other tools including clear written guidance
- Drive change where necessary including project management involving multi-lingual employees
- Work with the EMEA FP&A Manager and with Corporate HQ to ensure alignment and consistency
- Collaborate with APAC and EMEA accounting and IT teams to provide consistency globally
- Ensure Financial IT systems and business processes and procedures which affect Finance are fit for purpose and correctly implemented
The Successful Applicant
- ACA / CIMA / ACCA Qualified
- Degree Educated
- Experience of managing professional accountants
- Strong current technical knowledge required
- Experience of supervising reports in multiple locations
- Experience in a multi-national environment
- Experience of tax to include corporate taxes and VAT, and exposure to transfer pricing
- Ability to speak other European languages would be an advantage
- Good project management skills
- Excellent written communications skills
You will also have strong analytical skills as well as problem solving skills which are essential in this position. The ideal candidate will be a strong manager, proactive thinker and demonstrate an ability to mentor and grow the personnel reporting into you. This is a role where you can really make your mark with clear progression within the organisation.
What's on Offer
£55k - £60k + Benefits