You are here
Financial Controller - Manufacturing - Glasgow
- Global leader in their field
- Seeking a Qualified accountant with hands-on experience within manufacturing
About Our Client
An autonomous subsidiary of an American conglomerate, my client is a global leader and highly profitable business in the manufacturing field.
The Financial Controller will be required to lead the small finance function from the bottom up, be very hands-on and involve themselves in all aspects of the Finance & Administration. Duties will extend but not be restricted to the following:
- Maintenance of adequate accounting records in compliance with United Kingdom Accounting Standards and Applicable Law.
- Monthly reporting of the financial performance of the company to the Management Board.
- Provision of US GAAP financial statements to the US parent company, to strict deadlines.
- Preparation of the company's UK Statutory Accounts and liaison with the company auditors.
- Maintenance and development of internal control systems to ensure compliance with UK law and the US parent company's requirement.
- Maintenance of computerised payroll records and the provision of weekly and monthly payroll calculations.
- Provision of information and payments to HMRC in an accurate and timely manner.
- Administration of pensions and sickness schemes.
- Processing of Sales Orders.
- Control of goods dispatched to customers.
- Invoicing and equipment transit.
- Compilation of all required sales orders/shipment statistics.
- Work collaboratively with the wider business in particular the Engineering department.
The Successful Applicant
Key experience and attributes sought:
- Qualified accountant.
- Experience leading a finance function in an engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working in a global environment ideally for an SME with a US parent.
- Knowledge of US GAAP reporting and SOX compliance.
- Hands-on experience across the finance function.
- Ability to work with and drive non-finance personnel.
- Experience in exporting would be an advantage.
What's on Offer
£60,000 to £70,000 base salary plus car and additional company benefits