You are here
Financial Controller - UK
- #1 Finance role in the UK, responsible for the creation of the Finance function
- Exciting brand with an international presence
About Our Client
Founded in 1987 and listed on the NASDAQ, Caesarstone was an early pioneer of the natural quartz surfaces market. Their dominant position in the market has been achieved through continuous investment, extensive research and development leading to superior innovation, in addition to highly trained people and an advanced market infrastructure.
Caesarstone is a stunning engineered quartz stone which comprises of approximately 93% natural quartz. Practical, durable and attractive, it has significant advantages over natural stone and other surfacing materials due to its superior strength and quality. Caesarstone take a creative, design-led approach to their product development and collaborate with global giants of the design and architecture world in order to deliver outstanding quality and exceed customer expectations. Their ranges set trends and inspire designers across the Kitchen and Bathroom space.
Caesarstone operates on an international stage and is leading the market across Europe, North America, Australia and Asia with subsidiaries in the United States, Canada and Australasia. They are looking to directly influence the UK market and the launch of a UK distribution centre is critical to the success of the operation. Caesarstone offers an empowering culture backed by a business that has the appetite to dominate the UK market.
The Financial Controller - UK position takes full ownership for the UK Finance function, reporting directly into the CFO. The position will also work closely with the UK Managing Director on a 'dotted line' basis.
The UK Finance function will be responsible for the accounting, reporting, analysis of financial results, forecasting, and internal control for the CS-UK distribution operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for taking a hands-on approach to deliver the Finance requirements initially, whilst building a team to support them in these ongoing requirements.
- Hire, train and mentor accounting and administrative staff
- Accurate and timely monthly closing of financial statements
- Accurate and timely management reporting of results of operations including analysis of results
- Maintain proper accounting and internal control procedures followed for all areas of responsibility
- Financial planning: annual operating plan, quarterly financial forecasting within the framework of the corporate planning and forecasting process
- Financial decision support for CS-UK management and corporate
- Spending control and pre-approval of commitments to vendors
- Local treasury: Cash Flow management, payments, dealing with local banks, foreign exchange transactions
- Collection from customers
- Local tax and VAT matters in compliance with regulations
- Statutory reports
- SOX compliance, internal policies and procedures
The Successful Applicant
For this key hire, we are looking for a highly experienced and talented Senior Finance professional, with significant post-qualification experience, giving a knowledge of all areas of corporate accounting and financial management.
They must have experience in implementing a Finance function to make them a success in this role, with demonstrable UK experience.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Qualified accountant with significant professional accounting experience
- Experience in implementing a Finance function from scratch
- Knowledge of accounting principles and standards - USGAAP is an important advantage
- Financial analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning experience
- Thorough knowledge of all relevant requirements regarding financial records, pension & profit sharing is essential
- Experience overseeing audits performed by external audit firms
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Broad Oracle knowledge and experience preferred
- Demonstrable management & leadership experience
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Exciting, ambitious and high quality brand
- Join a unique and innovative business experiencing excellent growth as it drives this in the UK
- Fast-paced and non-hierarchical culture with minimal obstacles to adding value