You are here
About Our Client
My client are a well established growing business in the East Sussex area
The Financial Controller position is accountable for the accounting operations. This includes the production of group monthly and annual financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records (including time recording and order book) and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards. The controller is also responsible for cash management, software licence delivery and support of grant claims and grant cost forecasting. This is a managerial role and involves managing the accounting staff responsible for the day to day accounting procedures.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department to achieve its goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Maintain a full system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete monthly financial statements for the group with both financial and operating key performance indicators and commentary
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management profitability and cost reports for business unit heads
The Successful Applicant
The Financial Controller candidate should have a degree and be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with at least 3 years post qualification experience in business.
What's on Offer