You are here
High Growth SME looking for a commercial Finance Controller
Fast growing construction specalist with a first class reputation in London
About Our Client
Od Group is a leading design, project management and construction company. The Group of companies was established in 2004 and provide specialist construction skills across all forms of fit-out, refurbishment and new build projects. The 2015/2016 financial year saw the Group turnover grow to £46 million and our target for the 2016/2017 financial year is set at £80 million with £48 million already secured to date.
The position of Financial Controller is a newly created role following strong performance of the group. Reporting to the Commercial Director the purpose of this role is to lead on all Group Financial Reporting matters and be the point of contact for the Board of Directors and the three Managing Directors on all finance issues and advise accordingly. The Financial Controller will be expected to make a significant contribution to the strategic development of the Company through the application, insight and analysis of the Management Information produced.
The successful candidate must also have the capability of developing into the role of Finance Director in conjunction with the company's overall growth strategy.
- Continually review, challenge and then implement changes to the accounting and Management Information (MI) to provide maximum insight into company profitability- a particular focus on forecasting and cash flow
- Drive financial control and reporting to provide greater insight into the business thereby highlighting opportunities to increase profitability and increase margins across the Group
- Prepare board papers for review by the senior leadership team, providing accurate and insightful financial analysis alongside key recommendations
- Ensure the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts.
- Support the preparation and review of the annual budget and monthly forecast
- Review of Group reporting and consolidation software
- Prepare cash flow forecasts ensuring the company's working capital are within agreed targets
- Preparation of the monthly reporting package and commentary to the Managing Directors
- Preparation of statutory accounts for all Group Companies and Group Consolidations in accordance with Financial Reporting Standards and Best Practice
- Liaising with audit and tax advisers and reporting to the Audit Committee
- Identify and provide value-add, ad-hoc reporting where appropriate to help drive business performance
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting records
- Ensure robust, user-friendly and appropriate control environment in place
- Create new processes and controls around all new business development
- Risk management- play a significant part in the identification, migration and management of key business risks
The Successful Applicant
We are seeking an ambitious and motivated individual who is keen to meet the challenges of contributing to a dynamic, highly entrepreneurial environment. The Financial Controller will possess strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills along with a versatile personality with good problem solving skills. They must be able to build trust and credibility as well as fit into our company culture and share our values.
- Qualified accountant (ACA) with experience operating at a financial controller level, ideally with a knowledge of property or construction
- The ability to combine strategic and analytical perspectives with a pragmatic approach. Also the ability to keep focus on day-to-day performance whilst simultaneously pursuing longer term opportunities.
- Experience of financial analysis and production of commentaries
- Strong commercial acumen, willing and able to challenge accepted practices and processes, and to operate as a sounding board for colleague
- Proven ability to coach, lead and create a high performance finance team
- An outstanding business partner with exceptional financial analysis skills
- Effective communicator both with finance and non-finance professionals
- Strong statutory accounting and consolidation experience
What's on Offer
This well rounded role offers an excellent opportunity to develop a commercial and technical skill-set in a fast-paced environment. It is a fantastic opportunity to support the senior leadership team of and offers a platform from which to build a long-term career with a growing business.