You are here
Number one Finance position
Growing ambitious company
About Our Client
Our client is a leading service provider to an established and growing client base.
Reporting to the company FD duties will largely as detailed below;
- Continually review, challenge and then implement changes to the accounting and Management Information (MI) to provide maximum insight into company profitability- a particular focus on project costing, forecasting and cash flow
- Drive financial control and reporting to provide greater insight into the business thereby highlighting opportunities to increase profitability and increase margins across the Group
- Prepare board papers for review by the senior leadership team, providing accurate and insightful financial analysis alongside key recommendations
- Ensure the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts.
- Preparation and review of the annual budget and monthly forecast
- Prepare cash flow forecasts ensuring the company's working capital are within agreed targets
- Preparation of the monthly reporting package and commentary to the Managing Director
- Preparation of statutory accounts for all in accordance with Financial Reporting Standards and Best Practice
- Liaising with audit and tax advisers
- Management of finance team
- Identify and provide value-add, ad-hoc reporting where appropriate to help drive business performance
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting records
- Ensure robust, user-friendly and appropriate control environment in place
- Create new processes and controls around all new business development
- Risk management- play a significant part in the identification, migration and management of key business risks
The Successful Applicant
The company is highly ambitious within their sector and it is expected that a newly appointed Financial Controller will possess strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. They must be able to build trust and credibility as well as fit into our company culture and share our values.
- Qualified accountant with experience operating at a Financial Controller level
- The ability to combine strategic and analytical perspectives with a pragmatic approach. Also the ability to keep focus on day-to-day performance whilst simultaneously pursuing longer term opportunities.
- Experience of financial analysis and production of commentaries
- Strong commercial acumen, willing and able to challenge accepted practices and processes, and to operate as a sounding board for colleague
- Proven ability to analyse, coach, lead and create a high performance finance team
- An outstanding business partner with exceptional financial analysis skills
- Effective communicator both with finance and non-finance professionals
- Strong statutory accounting and consolidation experience
What's on Offer