You are here
- Seeking a pro-active and competent Financial Controller.
- My client are a newly established Private Head Office in the heart of London.
About Our Client
My client is a well-established individual in the UK business world and has accumulated a mass family wealth from his original business. He now spends his time making significant investments and scouting out new business ventures all run from the newly established private head office.
The Financial Controller vacancy has been newly created, until now the Finance Manager functions have been split between external providers and other PO staff. The growth in the investments managed direct by the PO mean that the functions need to be brought in house and consolidated into one position.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the following:
- Role will be as part of small PO structure in the UK and US - one of 5 employees in the UK office.
- The responsibilities of the role are both 'broad' and 'deep' - in essence to be the 'first port of call' for all things financial.
- The day to day responsibilities include:
- preparing and maintaining the books and records of all companies and vehicles
- cash management
- payroll reporting and payments to suppliers
- tax compliance
- financial management reporting for the Principal showing movement in net wealth, cash, operating income and expenditure
At present many of these are manual or spreadsheet based and need to be replaced with an automated ERP system.
- Wider responsibilities include:
- Establishing and maintaining the formal operating and reporting processes of the finance function - including the reporting from overseas operations.
- Supporting the PE Manager as necessary in assessing opportunities, due diligence and post-acquisition/investment management and reporting.
- Research, analysis and initial assessment of new investment opportunities - as presented directly by the Principal or US Business Partner
- Tax planning and reporting for FO and the Principal - with support of external advisers.
- Dealing with external advisers such as accountants, lawyers, bankers, property agents
- Preparation of financial plans and budgets for the PO
- Review and monitoring of budgets and progress of the underlying investments (eg property developments)
- Liaison with US counterpart
The Successful Applicant
What you'll need to be successful:
- Confidence in dealing direct with senior stakeholders.
- Methodical, structured and detail orientated
- Understanding of the PO environment, in particular the need for discretion and confidentiality
- Manage suppliers expenses etc
- Required - Establishing and maintaining financial management and reporting processes for small/medium sized business with overseas operations
- Preferred but not required - Family Office/HNW exposure
Accountancy Qualification: QBE/ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and benefits on offer.