You are here
- A unique Financial Controller opportunity.
- Chance to work for a international market leading fruit and veg producer!
About Our Client
My client are an internationally recognised, market-leading brand based in Hereford.
For this Financial Controller role in Herefordshire, you will be:
- Maintaining of control and accuracy of the businesses Accounting and Triple Bottom Line Reporting
- Forecasting and looking forward with particular focus on performance
- Performing Cashflow and Treasury Management
- Daily management and control of the Business' Balance Sheet, Cashflow and Financial Statements
- Reporting on the Business' approach to Triple Bottom Line Performance
- Establish and Maintain detailed Financial Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that systems and internal control are maintained
- Identify and implement improvements to systems and processes
- Review Monthly Accounts file and report on outstanding issues, areas of risk and materiality to the Finance Director in preparation for the monthly Finance board report
- Ensure Balance Sheet reconciliations are complete and inter-company balances reconciled.
- Supporting the process of the annual statutory accounts preparation
- Maintenance and control of Month and Year End Files
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of statutory reporting and VAT
- Governance of the reporting timelines
- Support to Management Accountants
- Involvement in preparation of budgets
- Timely and accurate preparation of forecastsIn Addition:
- To represent the Finance Director when they are away from the office and communicate on matters where input is required
- Communicate regularly with other Managers to ensure that issues in the Finance Team are brought to the attention of others and receive feedback from the other areas
- To make improvements in the working of the Finance team to increase efficiency and overall promote a proactive Finance Team
- To support the implementation of systems
- To ensure holiday cover planned so that all roles are covered and there is no period of understaffing
- Ad hoc reporting as required including financial modelling and analysis
The Successful Applicant
The kind of person my client seek for this Financial Controller role:
- Team Player, energetic, and enthusiastic - essential attributes
- Embraces and supports change processes
- Confident, self-starter able to act on own initiative
- Positive mind-set
- Commercially aware, forward thinking
- Knowledge of financial IT systems, MS Navision would be advantageous
- Previous experience of team management
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and working to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and logical decision making
- Understand the requirements of an audit and internal controls and strong general Accountancy knowledge.
What's on Offer