You are here
- Financial Controller
About Our Client
Michael Page Finance are currently partnering with a highly reputable health care organisation based in Yeovil, who are looking to appoint a Financial Controller in to their team. The ideal candidate with have a broad range of experience, including good experience in financial reporting, implementing new financial controls and managing non-finance relationships.
- Develops and implements control systems to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and statutory requirements; monitors financial controls.
- Responsible for timely production of financial statements including monthly profit and loss accounts, annual budgets, periodic forecasts, monthly cash flows, monthly management accounts by practice and consolidated, with agreed analysis and commentaries.
- Responsible for cash management and control
- Develops, implements and operates VAT reporting if and as required.
- Builds and maintains financial models to support planning (budgeting and forecasting), cash management and ad hoc projects.
- Carries out regular reviews of working accounting practices and processes to maximise the opportunity to improve the efficiency and accuracy of finance and management reporting.
- Prepares and communicates regular individual stakeholders, with results, budgets, forecasts, financial trends, and cost initiatives to senior management
- Leads the analysis of costs specific to functions and services within the respective practice to support business needs
- Monitors actuals against budgets
- Manages the accounting team whose responsibilities include: the sales and purchase ledgers; maintaining debtors and creditors control; bank reconciliations; production of management accounts
- Responsible for the professional development of staff; setting goals and objectives and communicating regularly with staff regarding their performance.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Financial Controller position will:
- A qualified accountant (ACA,ACCA,CIMA or CIPFA.)
- Have previous experience implementing new financial controls and bringing together large amounts of information in different formats and making it easy for non-finance staff to understand.
- Managing stakeholder relationships with non-finance staff.
- Previous experience in modelling or data analysis would be desirable.
- Be able to commute to Yeovil and travel to two different locations around the Yeovil area on a daily basis.
What's on Offer
By joining the organisation as Financial Controller, you will receive the following:
- A basic salary of £40,000 - £50,000.
- A desirable benefits package, including a generous holiday and pension.