You are here
- Investment Bank
- City of London
About Our Client
My client are an emerging markets bank with an established London office, they have a good reputation in the market and are seeking to recruit a strong Financial Controller into the team.
Working closely with the CFO you will be responsible for the following duties;
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate delivery of the period's financial reporting, including accuracy of operating expenses, accruals and revenue recognition.
- Responsible for delivering timely and accurate returns to external regulators, including maintaining an up to date knowledge of relevant regulations and being the in-house expert on regulatory capital questions.
- Building and managing good working relationships with internal and external tax experts to develop and enhance existing Transfer Pricing methodologies and calculations. Constantly looking to minimise tax risk but maximise tax efficiencies.
- Managing existing policies and controls to support robust financial reporting and control.
- Oversight of monthly production performed in head office (overseas). Accountability resides in the UK although the responsibility is outsourced to head office.
- Delivering a successful year-end audit including acting as chief point of contact for the audit team, being responsible for delivering on all requests, managing queries and keeping the audit on the pre-agreed timetable.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and continuous enhancement of management reporting, presentations and forecasting methodologies. Having a thorough understanding and awareness of industry best practice on expense reporting, soft and hard revenue analysis and experience of full balance sheet attestations.
- Providing analysis and support in senior management decision-making and complex issue resolution, including influencing decisions on new products, securing tax efficiencies wherever possible and mitigating inherent external risk factors.
- Monitoring and reviewing market guidance and legislation to ensure continued compliance with IFRS, FCA and group reporting requirements.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Proven experience working in a trading, brokerage or investment banking environment is required.
- Financial markets experience, particularly in relation to Equities and Fixed Income
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Detailed applied knowledge of UK tax law, particularly in respect of VAT and Corporation Tax
- Experience of working in a multi-national group finance environment.
- Experience of using and writing VBA code in conjunction with MS Excel
- Working knowledge of Transfer Pricing rules and regulations (BEPS)
- Strong relationship-building and communications skills
- Effective planning, organisational and time management skills
- Entrepreneurial skills including commercial awareness, creativity and innovation
What's on Offer
Permanent Financial Controller position based in the City of London
Salary relative to experience and interview performance