You are here
- Financial Controller for Newly Qualified
- SME start-up with 100% YOY growth
About Our Client
My client was founded in 2012 and is enjoying rapid growth as an SME. With a 100% YOY growth rate for 2016, the company expects to once again double their revenue by the end of 2017. Their customer base is dominated by students but will be expanding significantly as the company branches out towards new demographics. With technology at its heart, the company offers a service that is becoming increasingly indispensable to its customers.
The start-up has an incredibly friendly and exciting culture, where the finance team is extensively exposed to other areas of the business. With warehouses across the UK, the company's activities are not restricted to London. Having served over 20,000 customers, the company aims to disrupt the £500 million industry that it operates in with its cutting-edge in-house technology and its relentless focus on customer experience.
The company has won a number of awards that recognise its impressive performance in the areas of growth, innovation, and crowd funding.
The role has arisen for a newly qualified, highly motivated individual to help run the entirety of the financial operations of the company. As the financial controller, you will be reporting directly into the finance director and interfacing with every area of the business, acting as a key contact for the firm's advisors and suppliers. You will gain exposure to HR, the legal department, and the company's secretarial, while also playing a key role in the financial reporting, operational finance, and planning & analyses of the company.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of all accounting records and responsible for all aspect of financial reporting
- Leading the production of monthly management accounts and their distribution to the board
- overseeing the annual audit and acting as the main point of contact for the auditors
- Cash Management - including Short and Long term cash forecasting - accounts payable and receivables
- Liaising with suppliers to negotiate prices and payment terms
- Working closely with the operations team to provide insightful analysis on key costs, alternate supplier options, and priorities for minimising spend
Planning & Analyses:
- Assisting with all areas of budgeting and forecasting
- help to maintain accountability across department for both revenue and spend targets
- work with department heads to understand budget variances
- perform relevant analysis that help drive recommendation for business improvement
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Candidate will be/have:
- A newly qualified accountant: ACA (preferable), ACCA, CIMA
- Trained at a small/mid-tier Practice or Industry firm
- Numerate, preferably to degree level
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, with experience in production of accounts
- Fluent in English with excellent writing and communication skills, and an attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial with a passion to help implement and improve new processes as necessary (start-up experience preferred)
- Confident and comfortable with Microsoft Excel with good financial modelling skills
- Xero is used - prior knowledge not a prerequisite
- Extremely well organised and able to prioritise business needs effectively
What's on Offer
My client is offering newly qualified accountant the opportunity to extend their understanding of finance in all areas of the business at an SME in central London. Acting as the financial controller, you will be reporting directly into the finance director and acting as the key point of contact for the major stakeholders of the company.
By providing input into, and helping to develop the company's financial strategy, you will be able to see how your work directly contributes to the start-up's success. My client is offering between £45000 and £48000, depending on experience.