You are here
- Financial Controller required for fast paced, dynamic SME in Dorset
- The role would suit someone from a services led organisation
About Our Client
Fast paced, growing, dynamic SME in Dorset in the services sector
To oversee the daily activities of the finance team and to ensure the companies finance function is organised, efficient and produces accurate financial and management accounts.
To ensure that the Board of Directors and the Financial Director have regular, accurate and timely financial information upon which strategic/financial decisions can be made.
- Management of the finance function and overseeing the finance team.
- Preparation and Presentation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows
- Maintenance and development of financial ledgers and accounting processes
- Preparation of Monthly Accounts including Consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet
- Timely production of statutory and internal financial reports
- Financial modelling and analysis
- Cash management and Daily Cash flow Duties including internal and external payments using Online Banking and Banking Software.
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained
- Overseeing the Payroll process
- Preparation and Paying of VAT returns
- Take a lead role in the assessment and implementation of an industry recognised scalable ERP system in keeping with the Group's ongoing rapid growth
The Successful Applicant
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) with previous financial control and management experience. Applicants partially qualified who can demonstrate relevant experience may be considered;
- Have 2+ years' experience in a similar role
- Demonstrate experience of managing a small accounting / finance team;
- Sage 200 experience, or in the alternative be able to demonstrate a good understanding of Computerised Accounting Systems;
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and be able to demonstrate experience in the production complex spreadsheets and financial reports, in addition to working with Extended Trial Balances in Excel.
- Confident and professional with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment;
- Excellent communication skills internally and externally;
- Perform presentations to the Management Team and Directors;
- Demonstrate good attention to detail, good judgement showing logical decision making, and a hands on approach;
- Computer literate with good excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles;
What's on Offer
- Audi A3 company car
- 24 days annual leave increasing by one day per each completed year of service (maximum of 30 days) plus bank holidays common to England and Wales
- Free private health cover for yourself and direct family members, provided one month after your first year anniversary with the company.
- Free death in service of four times salary, provided one month after your first year anniversary with the company.
Plus other flexible benefits