You are here
Financial Planning Analyst
bpha is a major housing association that operates between Oxford & Cambridge
The role oversees financial planning, analysis and decision making
About Our Client
bpha is a major housing association that owns or manages in excess of 18,000 homes concentrated in Bedfordshire and the surrounding counties. We are a leading provider and developer of affordable homes - for rent, sheltered, residential care and shared ownership. We employ over 340 staff and have an annual turnover of c£120 million and a debt portfolio of around £800m. bpha is A+ rated by S&P and holds the top viability and governance ratings with the HCA.
Reporting to the Senior Corporate Financial Analyst, the role will be accountable for a range of financial planning and analysis projects. You will play a key role in the management of our Business Plan and will help to drive future business performance by continuing our ambition of delivering best in class corporate financial services to the business.
This is a tremendous opportunity for the right individual to join a commercially minded, ambitious organisation with a track record of developing its employees.
Reporting to the Senior Corporate Finance Analyst, the Financial Planning Analyst will actively manage the corporate Business Plan and be accountable for the delivery of a range of key information and analysis to internal and external stakeholders as well as analysis of the viability and risks around strategic development projects.
- Lead the preparation of the corporate Business Plan and ensure it is accurate and up to date
- Lead elements of the development appraisal and asset management activity of the business
- Support the delivery of relevant and timely financial planning and analysis information to key internal and external stakeholders
- Effectively support the management of key relationships with banking partners, bond investors, debt analysts, advisors and credit ratings agencies, when required
- Be a part of special project teams as required and deliver or support the analysis of strategic growth opportunities and their associated risks
- Ensure systems and processes are in place and of a high standard to ensure all lending and regulatory requirements are met. Continuously monitor and seek to improve corporate finance, treasury and risk management policies and procedures
- Work with managers across the business to provide analysis and advice, identify risks and seek solution to support service delivery and strategic decision making
The Successful Applicant
- Be a commercially minded finance professional looking for a new challenge in which you can combine and develop your financial analysis skills in this wide ranging role
- Hold a suitable qualification such as Chartered Accountancy (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent
- Understand how to appraise projects using IRR and NPV criteria and be capable of creating and analysing discounted project cash flows
- Be able to combine your accountancy and modelling skills with effective business partnering in order to ensure the accuracy of the corporate financial forecast and effectively support strategic decision making
- Have demonstrable experience in improving systems and processes
- Possess the communication and technical skill set to work effectively as a key member of the Corporate Finance team within a role that contains significant internal and external exposure
What's on Offer
The salary on offer £45,000+comprehensive benefits package