You are here
Financial Planning and Analysis + Financial Modelling
- Mutli-national Magazine and Online Publishing Firm
- FP&A + Financial Modelling
About Our Client
My client is a world renowned magazine publishing company which also enjoys a strong presence in the online publishing industry.
The company is a key player in the culture and nightlife of any of the great cities, connecting people to events and local brands.
The company has exciting plans to expand and diversify their portfolio, and are looking to bring bright employees into their ambitious and multi-national company culture to support their growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity where you will be responsible for creating and managing models to determine and utilise budgets, costs, performance and ultimately supporting the business to be more successful; this may include deep dive analysis of current models and data.
As a Financial Planner and Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Monthly Finance Reporting Pack including commentary/variance analysis from actuals to budget/forecast for P&L and Balance Sheet to ensure financial accuracy of the accounts
Managing the Annual Budget, Quarterly Forecast Process and the Whole Life Cost Model
Performance Analysis of Key Service Level Measures
Management, Development & Supervision of the Commercial Finance Manager
Business Partnering with Operations to measure business performance
Support the Commercial Contract Manager including review of Change Controls and Business Impact Analysis
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to explain in detail financial implications to non-finance, and the resilience to deal with push back from senior stakeholders.
As a financial modeller, you must have:
- A strong understanding of finance either via experience or a professional accounting qualification (for example CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Demonstrable experience of creating and managing complex financial models
- Proven ability to explain complex financial models to non-financial stakeholders Demonstrable advanced Excel skills
- A good understanding of Macros
As a financial planner and analyst, you must have:
- Confidence to challenge the businesses, their submissions and underlying assumptions
- Intermediate/Advanced with MS Office packages, advanced Excel skills and integrated accounting systems experience
- Evidence of taking ownership and ability to prioritise and deal with a wide range of business-as-usual activities at the same time, in order to meet tight deadlines
- Experience in Financial Services would be advantageous
- Experience with Budgeting, Forecasting, and Business Partnering
What's on Offer
Opportunity to work at a magazine and online publishing brand that is recognised throughout the world in central London.
As a financial planner and analyst, you will be working closely alongside the non-finance division to help support the rapid growth within the company, while providing the models to support decision-making surrounding expansion into uncharted markets.
My client is ready to offer between £45000 and £55000 depending on experience, with a standard competitive benefit package.