You are here
Financial Reporting Accountant - Temporary and Permanent
Well known and expanding client based in the Scottish Borders
Are looking for a Financial Reporting Accountant
About Our Client
A well know, established and growing business based in the Borders
Main tasks of the role will include, but not be limited to:
- Preparation of the Group statutory accounts and all Company statutory accounts to agreed timescales
- Liaising with external auditors for year end audits.
- Developing a standardisation of the Dream accounting system to facilitate a smooth integration of reporting for statutory accounts.
- Rolling review of all balance sheet account reconciliations with appropriate recommendations.
- Review of processes and financial controls across all group companies.
- Participation in all acquisition due diligence.
- Other ad hoc finance work.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Ideally be a newly qualified accountant who is looking for their first move out of practice
- Have up to date knowledge on current and proposed accounting standards including IFRS/FRS101/102.
- Have expertise in acquisition due diligence work including the preparation of forecasts for potential acquisitions based on information provided as part of the due diligence process.
- Have strong financial modelling skills (integrated P&L, cash flow and balance sheet), expected to be experienced in the use of advanced functions in Microsoft Excel
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team
What's on Offer
A competitive salary