You are here
Financial Reporting Manager
Broad role with technical base in financial reporting
FTSE 250 Telecommunications Business
About Our Client
My client is a FTSE 250 Telecommunications Business based in London with international operations; particularly strong in the EMEA region. Currently operating at £500m T/O they are exploring routes to further markets (e.g. the US) to drive further growth. Within these plans and ambitions to enter the FTSE 100 they are looking to bring in a new Financial Reporting Manager.
As the Financial Reporting Manager you will lead the reporting team, take ownership for the delivery of accurate reporting, and play a key role in driving the finance team towards FTSE 100 reporting. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Management of two qualified accountants, promoting their career development and improving their skill-sets;
- Dealing with technical accounting issues and queries to ensure compliance with Group's accounting policies and IFRS, across all the Group operations and regions;
- Development of the Group's accounting policy manual , including roll out of changes to polices to the finance function and achieve buy in from key business FD's;
- Lead IFRS implementation projects for upcoming changes to accounting policies or accounting standards such as IFRS 15 'Revenue from contracts with customers' and IFRS16 'Leases';
- Oversee the Group consolidation process for monthly reporting to meet internal and external reporting requirements - this involves preparing and posting group journals where necessary to support the team;
- Drive improvements in the consolidation process to support organic business growth and M&A activity;
- Ad-hoc support to the Group Finance Director and CFO.
The Successful Applicant
As a strong candidate for the Financial Reporting Manager position you will:
-Be a qualified accountant (ACA) with an audit background (top tier preferred);
-Demonstrate exposure to preparing group consolidations in a multicurrency environment;
-Show strong technical understanding with an ability to lead IFRS implementation projects;
-Possess strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to manage a team as well as influence senior management.
What's on Offer
The offer to the successful candidate will be between £65,000-£80,000 + a competitive benefits package including 10-15% bonus, healthcare, pension, life assurance, and season ticket loan.