You are here
Firm Independence - Senior Manager
- Big 4 accountancy firm
- London office
About Our Client
This team is responsible for assisting engagement teams and the wider business with all matters pertaining to audit independence and regulatory requirements. Additionally, the team is responsible for the maintenance of restricted entities information and other key compliance systems including the Business Relationship Monitoring System.
You will be joining a team of 14 professionals and will have the opportunity to play a vital role in enabling the firm to pursue new client and strategic opportunities whilst protecting the reputation and brand.
As a Senior Manager (or strong manager) you will become an integral part of the Firm Independence Team within National Quality & Risk Management (NQRM). The role is within the scope of services team within Firm Independence and offers a unique opportunity to work with client service teams across the whole firm.
The team has regular exposure to the most senior levels of the firm's management, including high visibility among the senior partners of the business as well as new service line offerings and acquisitions.
Given the importance of audit tendering, the pursuit of alternative delivery models and increased regulatory change, this role offers exciting opportunities for the right person. The role will also involve liaising with overseas contacts within the international network and broadening your understanding of auditor Independence requirements.
The role will involve the following (the level of involvement and management oversight will depend on the experience of the individual):
- Assisting audit bid teams with their analysis of independence matters and advising on the implications as a result of services provided and business relationships entered into.
- Assisting partners and client service engagement teams in technical consultations for the provision of services to clients across all areas of the business.
- Interpreting regulation, professional guidance and other pronouncements and applying them to the business environment.
- Advising the business on the regulatory impact when developing new products and services.
The Successful Applicant
You would ideally have:
- A professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA) or equivalent qualification
- Familiarity with service lines - Consulting, Tax, Corporate Finance or Audit
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels across the firm
- The ability to work well individually, as well as part of a team
- Strong coaching and people management skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work accurately under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong management, analytical and organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Flexibility to meet client demands
- Strong IT skills
What's on Offer
Base salary up to £83,000 + cash/car allowance.
Normal office hours.