You are here
Market Leading UK wide Vehicle Rental, Leasing & Fleet Maintenance
Must have Franchise Leadership in branded, multi-site, commercial vehicles.
About Our Client
Established for more than 20 years, T.O.M. Airdrie Ltd has grown to be one of Scotland's most progressive businesses and fastest growing private employers. The core business function of vehicle rental is supported by the extensive range of commercial vehicle services provided at T.O.M.
Today, T.O.M. now has 5 dealership sites in Scotland including three Mercedes Commercial Vehicle dealerships in Nairn, Aberdeen and Ayr as well as two Citreon car dealerships in Dundee and Kilmarnock. T.O.M still retains the core 'after sales' values from its origins and has Ford, Citroen and Mercedes authorised repairer status within the portfolio as well as diagnostic equipment for most mainstream manufacturer brands. T.O.M. also boasts a large number of vehicle technicians on each dealership site and a mobile support fleet of vehicles which can cope with anything from a tyre puncture to recovering a truck on its side.
Fast Track 250 and Top Track 100 business two years running, T.O.M. has multiplied revenues by ten times in six years, with assets under ownership increasing from 2,000 to more than 11,000 in that period. Employee growth has risen from 200 to 600 and branch network developed from a single headquarters in Central Scotland to thirteen locations throughout Scotland and England with more on the horizon. A strong track record of organic growth has been supplemented by seven acquisitions in six years.
As a leading supplier of new and used cars, vans and trucks throughout the UK, T.O.M. also offers Authorised Testing Facilities, MOT Class 4, 5 and 7, 24hr Roadside Assistance & Recovery, a Tachograph Centre, Air Conditioning Service, LOLER Weight Testing, Jaupt Approved CPC Training and is an MBCV Authorised Repairer.
T.O.M. has the deserved reputation of growth through customer service and now looks to continue that trend whilst stretching its lead over competitors on service delivery as part of the long term, strategic management plan.
T.O.M is now entering yet another exciting chapter in its history and as a result of its ambitious growth and expansion plans, it has retained the services of Page Executive to recruit a Franchise Director to join its leadership team and help drive the business forward.
A fantastic opportunity and high profile role has arisen at T.O.M. for an experienced Franchise Director to lead it's franchised dealership operations which is built on service excellence. You will be required to generate impressive results by increasing sales and revenue across the whole dealership network. The Franchise Director will be challenged to exceed targets, achieve high customer satisfaction levels, deliver healthy profitability and maintain the high standards set by our brand franchise partners. Managing 4 direct reports and circa 60 staff, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure that the dealership network achieves profit margins within their objectives/annual budget;
- Continually monitor the financial situation, examining all accounts, daily and weekly operating controls and dealer composite figures and franchise/industry KPI's, taking corrective measures and actions as deemed necessary;
- Take steps to increase market penetration, in order to achieve budget;
- Liaise with manufacturers to discuss franchise performance and objectives;
- Take actions to sustain and enhance levels of customer satisfaction, service and retention through processes, facility enhancements and training/development of staff;
- Respond promptly to any customer complaints and ensure timely and correct resolution;
- Maintain effective control of expenses in line with budget objectives;
- Carry out monthly minuted management meetings including review and actions from the management accounts;
- Ensure cost effective stock turn ratios;
- Review monthly aged debt reports to ensure company policy on collection and provision for aged debt is applied;
- Establish and agree managerial and departmental staff requirements whilst ensuring training needs are met;
- Lead and motivate a senior management team, taking steps to create a professional and customer focussed environment;
- Ensure company HR policies and H&S legislation are followed correctly whilst ensuring compliance with relevant legislation on consumer law, trade descriptions, FSA Regulations for insurance etc;
- Oversee marketing campaigns, advertising and promotional activities relating to the market;
- Initiate research into customer satisfaction and requirement for improvement.
The Successful Applicant
T.O.M. are looking for a Franchise Leader from a branded, multi-site commercial vehicle operation who regards themselves to be the best in the industry. To be successful, you will be an experienced leader with an enviable, proven track record of performance in the commercial vehicle industry who has the gravitas and credibility to operate at Board Level.
At interview, T.O.M. are looking for a high calibre Franchise Director who can clearly demonstrate a proven track record in a senior management role within the automotive/commercial vehicle sector with specific responsibility for business unit performance. Your experience will also have been gained within a sales-led organisation and you will be used to managing and leading large multi-disciplinary teams.
Obviously, you will have up to date knowledge of vehicle and consumer legislation, trade practices and FSA Regulations and duties.
We are looking for someone who is financially astute and as well as possessing excellent interpersonal, influencing, negotiating and communication skills, you will be very commercially aware and a confident decision maker.
T.O.M. has a very strong customer focus and sets very high standards so you must share this ethos and lead by example to inspire your teams.
What's on Offer
Outstanding package to attract the very best including basic salary, car, bonus and full benefits.