You are here
Fund Manager - Fixed Income
About Our Client
Our client is a boutique financial services firm with expertise in Investment Banking & Brokerage and Asset Management.
- Manage fixed income funds and discretionary mandates (implementation and monitoring), in line with their stated investment guidelines
- Provide input into product development within the fixed income product range and support the launch process
- Liaise with 3rd party consultants on investment strategy, sector/country/duration positioning as well as individual bonds selection
- Support the asset growth of the fixed income accounts through direct involvement in new business proposals to prospective clients
- Achieve consistent returns and outperform assigned benchmarks
- Understand and implement client investment preferences and requests and respond to client queries
- Assist in new client acquisition and maintaining existing relationships
- Monitor the status of orders with the brokers throughout execution and ensure pre- and post-trading compliance is adhered to
- Gather and analyse market intelligence and remain cognizant of all current events
- Contribute to the overall performance of the fixed income funds and discretionary mandates by generating trade ideas.
- Attend investor conferences and similar events.
- Coverage will be mainly Investment Grade global Fixed Income including Global Sukuks
The Successful Applicant
The applicant/ candidate must have:
- Experience covering Fixed Income
- Most recent/ current experience as a Fixed Income Fund Manager
- Emerging Markets exposure - this is a must; exposure to sukuks is a plus
- Knowledge of the MENA region
- A minimum of CFA Level 1 and currently pursuing the CFA further, plus a University degree from a leading institution
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English. Arabic is an added advantage but not a requirement.
- Proficient communication/ presentation skills required; the candidate must be a confident orator
What's on Offer
Competitive tax-free compensation and a fulfilling role