You are here
Opportunity in South West London for a Product/Furniture Technologist
Great opportunity to work for a lovely English Brand
About Our Client
This is a small English Brand based in South West London that is making significant growth in the market of Childrens Furniture. They are looking for a strong Technologist to manage their retail department and work closely with the wider business.
As the Furniture Technologist you will:
- Advise the buying teams and suppliers on technical detail to ensure new products and packaging are commercially viable.
- Provide ongoing development and creation of technical policies, protocols, performance standards, and other company standards as applicable.
- Develop supplier relationships to ensure consistency across supply base for quality, finish, sizing and safety.
- Take a proactive role in ensuring that returns are kept within target levels. Use Feefo reviews and returns analysis as well as liaising with customer services and the warehouse regarding QC checking, returns and customer complaints. Implement actions to resolve issues as appropriate.
- Ensure that suppliers have Technical and Ethical audits as required, agreeing action plans with vendors to drive improvements at factory level.
- Input into weekly critical path meetings to ensure that all technical deadlines are met for new and updated lines.
- Keep the business informed of all relevant safety and quality issues.
The Successful Applicant
As the Furniture Technologist you will need to have:
- Strong initiative and proactive ways of working
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to organise and prioritise effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- A customer focused approach
The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years experience of working in a related role for another retailer.
- Working knowledge of some (not all) of the following is desirable:
- REACH Directive EC 1907/2006
- Toy Safety Directive 2009/48/EC
- EN71 Toy Safety Standards
- EU Timber Regulations
- Textile testing and performance standards
- Bed Testing Standards BS8509 and EN 747
What's on Offer
£38,000 - £42,000