You are here
General Counsel & Company Secretary (Brussels)
- leader in the services industry
- ensure the compliance of the group with all company laws and corporate legal req
About Our Client
For our client, leader in the services industry, we are looking for a General Counsel & Company Secretary to ensure the compliance of the group with all company laws and corporate legal requirements.
- Coordinate Board meetings dates and propose Board meetings Agenda (with CEO and Management)
- Supervise the preparation and collection of all Board papers /communication to the Board and supervise the preparation of the Board binders
- Attend the Board meetings, ensure signature of all necessary documents by the Board members and take notes. After the Board meeting: distribute draft minutes for review by the CEO and the Board members
- Outside the Board meetings: point of contact between the Management and the Board: e.g. arranging conf- call Board meetings; follow-up signature of corporate or other documents by the Board
- Agree deadlines and budget (together with the CFO) with the statutory auditors (or accounting firms) for all legal entities
- Keep track / update nominations of auditors and directors - liaise with external lawyers (company secretaries) for the preparation of the necessary documents and execution
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation (within the deadlines) of annual accounts, management reports, minutes BOD, all required corporate documents (e.g. convocations / waivers etc.) and collection of audit reports in view of compliance with Corporate Law and regulations on statutory Board meetings in all entities.
- Comment on the statutory YE accounts and present the documents for signature to the Board members and Shareholders in presence of the auditors.
- Keep all records (binders and electronically) on statutory YE closing documents for all entities of the Group entities
- To ensure compliance with Company Laws and Corporate regulations for all legal entities with the support of external law firm (acting in some countries as company secretary; e.g. UK) or mandated company secretaries
- Involvement in the (corporate) set-up of new legal entities
- Update the Corporate organization chart and the Overview of all legal entities with detailed information on address, company number, date of incorporation, share capital, directors, auditor, dates BOD
- To have custody of all corporate documents of all legal entities. Ensure these data are up to date
- Arrange dates for and attend all Excom / Management Board meetings and prepare the minutes
- Provides legal advice and services on issues concerning the rights, obligations and privileges of the organization.
- Provides resolution of business or technical issues by identifying legal solutions and recommending a course of action.
- Examines legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuits.
The Successful Applicant
- Master degree in Law preferably combined with Economics/ MBA
- Relevant Legal / Corporate / Audit experience of 10 to 15 years at international level
- Strong understanding of corporate law, including UK law
- Excellent understanding of statutory matters and procedures
- Ability to work effectively with different people at different levels
- Hands on approach and focus on business objectives
- "Can do" attitude, proactive approach and result oriented
- Ethical, diplomatic and able to act as board confidante
- Ability to quickly assess and resolve problems
- Good organizational and communication skills
- English, Dutch at professional level, French nice to have
What's on Offer
Attractive package according to experience